All over!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
um

All over!

Post by um »

Well the Warwickshire sitting for dc's like mine who were taking Birmingham last week, is finally over :D

Just wanted to share my general happiness at that :D :D :D

Only 5 weeks to go to receive the results which isn't too bad a wait. The exam today at KES Stratford was organised well so congratulations to the LA/schools for that.

DD did say that the boy on the desk in front of her had (according to her) the entire contents of Osborne's stationers on his desk in front of him - and items of stationery kept dropping onto the floor throughout the exam, which he then stopped to pick up. So perhaps I should help out future parents by saying that, when it comes to stationery, less can be more! A few pencils and an eraser should be just fine. 8)
Fatnorville

Re: All over!

Post by Fatnorville »

This part of the journey is over for me too (for now), however I acknowledge the stress and hard work helping DC's only begins when they get to GS. That said I'll take quadratic equations or imaginary numbers over NVR anytime. How my DS answered any of those Q's I'll never know.

My DD then begins this journey in a few years. That will be fun! She has said that she is going to RHS, and there will be no debate over that. Heaven help that school.

Seriously, I know my DS is not through this yet (and therefore I am not through it yet), but I intend to hang around in the intervening years. This is an emotional experience like no other I have experienced. If I can pass on any advice to any other parents to make their journey slightly easier (in the same way others have offered me help - thanks to you all!) then I am happy to do so.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

My DD has watched her brother his summer and decided she's going to the local comp :lol:

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:My DD has watched her brother his summer and decided she's going to the local comp :lol:

JD
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

I'm glad we're beyond the test now - its been a different experience from the one that I thought that it would be.

I've been very grateful for this forum and for the support and information, particularly from Ginx and Okanagan.

Like everyone I guess, I can't wait for the results to come - whatever the score. I hate waiting, I think I might be the most impatient person ever :roll: !
80's girl

Post by 80's girl »

JamesDean wrote:My DD has watched her brother his summer and decided she's going to the local comp :lol:

JD
I'm sure she will change her mind ;)
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I'm sure she will change her mind ;)
Hahaha! :lol: You've clearly never met my daughter, MummyJo!

JD
80's girl

Post by 80's girl »

All boys in this house JD so no experience of strong minded dds! Thankfully my boys have all been easily manipulated as youngsters although sadly this has changed as they have got older. ;)

We stopped off in Henley on the way home on Sat and treated our lad to a huge ice cream, (we had tiny ones) and popped to the shops and brought him a few bits he wanted. He was so happy he said he wouldn't mind sitting it again next week, so the experience wasn't too bad!

I liked the fact that at Stratford they let the parents into the hall to drop and fetch their children and they were sitting near their pals from school. Far less stressful than Birmingham, although having been through it before I knew what to expect. That's it for me unless we decide to do KES in January, we will see how he does in these first!

Many thanks for all the help given on the forum particularly from Okanagan and Um.