Wallington Girls Today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sgsgirl

Wallington Girls Today

Post by sgsgirl »

Hi Everyone. Thought I'd kick off on the Wallington Girls today. We had the 11.45am slot today but despite the staggered start times (a friend's daughter had 9.30am) the queues were pretty long! There were a lot of girls there today and I would think near the 2000 mark.
London_Mum

Re: Wallington Girls Today

Post by London_Mum »

Is 2000 about the same or more than last year - I have lost track?

Best not to discuss any particular questions or aspects of the exam here just yet as there will be girls who take the test at a later date if they were too ill to attend today
(and judging by the number of back to school germs flying about, there are bound to have been a few absences!)
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

We had the 12:45 slot and it did appear the queue was quite long - though to be fair, it did move quickly. Interesting experience of picking up one's daughter from the group of candidates as they come streaming by - some looking happy and others quite dazed.

time to de-stress!
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

We were there. Pretty daunting given the numbers and queues. DD found it very tiring... relaxing now.

Do you know when the results are published?
Just found... will be informed as to whether their daughter has reached the pass mark for the entrance test in the third week in October

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Roz12

Post by Roz12 »

Hi

I also had 11.45 slot queue went quickly.

I asked teacher there was a recur if 1700 applications this year 100 more that last year I think?

Roz
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Without giving any specific details about the test on Saturday does anyone have any idea if it is possible for a child to pass if they performed really well on one test but not on the other? sorry,know this sounds a bit vague but I am not sure about the marking system and if the maths would get much higher points than the verbal reasoning?
Good luck to you all
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

If the paper was difficult, then every one else would have also found it difficult. WHSG marking and scores are not disclosed, so can't comment on that.

I would suggest that let your DC focus for the next tests. Good luck and all the best.
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

Nonsuch stipulates that a girl cannot achieve an overall pass (even with a high enough score) if she has failed to reach the minimum mark required on an individual test paper.

Wallington doesn't have any such rules but then they don't reveal much about the marking system generally or the weighting attached to each paper.

For this reason, if it had happened on the Nonsuch exam, you might have cause to worry but since it happened with the Wallington test, I wouldn't get too concerned.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Results are out. Just got an email. Best of luck.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
aram

Post by aram »

hello
my daughter passed wghs .thang god
aram