Thomas Telford Exam Content

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rukuriro

Thomas Telford Exam Content

Post by Rukuriro »

Does anyone know what the exam content for Thomas Telford is? My DS didn't do very well in the AGS/QM exam. We are now trying for Thomas Telford. Any info would be helpful.
Rupy

Re: Thomas Telford Exam Content

Post by Rupy »

Apparently it only comprises of non verbal reasoning? test is over 2 weekends in October, and a tour of school
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

For the last two years the test has been maths, nvr and vr
HTH
Rukuriro

Post by Rukuriro »

Are you sure Rupy? Doesn't sound right though
Rupy

Post by Rupy »

Hi

I know, I was surprised as well, I spoke to someone in admissions., she said they only look at nvr????? Also they need a photocopy of y5 report x
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Hi Rupy
Just to be clear, Thomas Telford puts children into 9 academic bands and distributes their places across those bands to give a wide range of abilities. So your performance in the exam is for banding. And then they allocate evenly between the bands. They don't just select the top ability students. That's why they can base their selection on NVR only - that gives an indication of ability, enough to place a child in an ability section. Sandwell Academy (partnered by Thomas Telford) operates a similar system.
Rukuriro

Post by Rukuriro »

I've spoken to the school and they've confirmed it's NVR only, which is a surprise.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Hi rukuriro I've pm'd you
jazgov

Post by jazgov »

Called admissions and the lady said they will be looking at non verbal and not to prepare too much as they will be looking at the childs ability at present.....
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

This is not hearsay, it is the real experience of a close friend whose child sat the TT test three years ago. They were told one thing by Thomas Telford about exam content but it was completely different.

However, given they do bandings, the only guaranteed way in is to be a great footballer or musician.

I got the feeling from Thomas Telford that it was a Stepford school. I was disappointed the headmaster was on TV only and yet he had his staff and students manning the stations during the exam/tour weekends. Plus your child sits exam while you tour. Crazy. They don't get to see school. If you want a feel, go to Walsall Academy open day.

p.s. I have nothing against the school; I am merely pointing out the negatives.

The positives were the top class sporting, art, music facilities.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now