Exam day outfit (!)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

semb

Exam day outfit (!)

Post by semb »

Ok, I'm probably overthinking this and it probably doesn't matter...but could I ask people with previous experience what their children wore on test day? Do the majority wear school uniform or own clothes? My Dd has reached the self conscious / not liking to stand out stage so it would be good to know what most do so she has one less thing to have a wobble about on the actual day.

Personally I was thinking of sending her in school uniform as this is how she's usually dressed when doing academic kind of things, but I would love to hear from others.

Thanks
Tinkers

Re: Exam day outfit (!)

Post by Tinkers »

Most wore school uniform for the Kendrick test.
panacea

Post by panacea »

School uniform!
semb

Post by semb »

Thanks Tinkers & Panacea, it's so good to have people to ask these questions of!
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Mine will be dressed casually because she doesn't have a school uniform :-)
dlb

Post by dlb »

When my ds sat 11+ berks at a weekend - no one was in uniform!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The Kendrick test is on a school day, so girls who take it in the morning are likely to be going back to school after.
I guess some taking in the afternoon wouldn't have gone to school in the morning so may not be in uniform.
My DD was actually in polo shirt and tracky bottoms, as she had PE when she got back to school.
menhow

Post by menhow »

My DD has an afternoon session and I'm making her stay in bed till 10am! Then a relaxing brunch by the riverside before a leisurely walk to the school by 12.30 in her favourite smart casuals + own designed converse.... Might as well make the most of a day off school and then celebrate after 'the test'.....

I'm now easing off the gas. No more VR - only one section (12 questions a day) on NVR. What will be will be.
lara400

Post by lara400 »

when my DD sat her 7+ in various schools they were very strict in saying they have to wear school uniform.

I think it makes sense as she feels more comfortable in school uniform and makes her concentrate better....kind of a mind game thing!
diseyp

Post by diseyp »

Totally depends on whether it is a weekday or weekend - No uniforms at the weekend surely ? ... even on a weekday I think it depends whether they will actually be attending school at any point that day - one of mine went in uniform ,one didn't - whatever they are happiest in I think...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now