Signing off for a few weeks and good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana girl

Signing off for a few weeks and good luck

Post by Araucana girl »

Want to stop thinking about this as it takes over your life :D so am forgetting about the 11+ for the next few weeks and avoiding the forum if I can. I can't change anything that dd has done and I will just fret if I hear others discussing it after the second sitting date - I might not manage it but am going to try to keep off :D

Good luck everyone who is doing the alternative sittings. Hope your dcs wake up healthy and refreshed on those days. It is a lovely relief when it is over.

See you all on the 11th!!
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
bravado

Re: Signing off for a few weeks and good luck

Post by bravado »

Araucana girl wrote:Want to stop thinking about this as it takes over your life :D so am forgetting about the 11+ for the next few weeks and avoiding the forum if I can. I can't change anything that dd has done and I will just fret if I hear others discussing it after the second sitting date - I might not manage it but am going to try to keep off :D

Good luck everyone who is doing the alternative sittings. Hope your dcs wake up healthy and refreshed on those days. It is a lovely relief when it is over.

See you all on the 11th!!
That's exactly how I felt this time last year and I didn't want to see any post-mortems on the exam content as it would only contribute to my growing stress-levels over the results. I know exactly how you feel and it was certainly the right decision for me, too.
Take very good care of yourself and we'll all see you soon :D
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

I'm off too... as my DC will be a second sitting child, it would be ghastly for me to read all the first sitting autopsies and stressing myself even more. Fingers crossed for you all.. and think of me on the 30th.. chewing my nails off.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Good luck for 30th mikedellfarm! I hope your ds is fully recovered by then!

We only have 2 more days to wait and then our 11+ journey is over. I get quite emotional when I think about that as it's been a big part of our lives for so long!

I haven't even asked my dd about the exam. Have asked her how she felt about it and whether she finished the papers but that's it. I have no idea what was in the paper, nor what answers she gave and as she hasn't brought it up, I will leave it there.

That way there is no stress because I have no idea what she did. You know what they say, ignorance is bliss and in this case it's definitely true!

Good luck to any others who've had to do the alternate date sittings as well!