Adams grammar results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daffodil3969

Adams grammar results

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Hello,
I wonder what the considered opinion might be of my ds who scored 308 in the Adams test this year? He has had the letter suggesting he apply and of course we will but I think it is doubtful though I have seen lots of encouraging calculations in respect of other schools here which are giving me a glimmer of hope?

The highest score last year was 402 and the lowest score offered a place was 302 so last year he'd have got a place I guess, pity it's this year he took the exam?
I've heard of a 406 this year which makes me worry that the overall marks might be higher?
Any thoughts gratefully received........
Last edited by Daffodil3969 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolves mum

Re: Adams grammar results

Post by Wolves mum »

Hi Daffodil,

My letter states the highest score last year was 401 and the lowest offer was 301.

The advice on here usually is that if thats the school you really want for your DS put it as first preference and you might get in.

However it was posted on another topic that the score of 301 is probably for a boarding place as they are offered to children with a lower score than is required for a day place (iirc).

I know someone who said her son scored 310 and was told not to apply? Unless she wasn't being honest about the score.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

PS with a score like that when he didn't complete the paper you should be very proud, along with the fact he didn't give up and went back for paper 2 is great too!
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Thanks for that Wolves Mum, really I am proud but really disappointed too! I have read everything on here and know I saw a post that said historically the lowest score might alter by 5 or so points each year in which case we might be in with a shot?

Any other thoughts anyone?
Last edited by Daffodil3969 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

WGS do give substantial discounts, so don't rule it out completely.

Make sure you put Adams down, there is a chance you will get a place.
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Now the results are out over in Birmingham I wonder whether anyone is likely to be freeing up any Adams places? Or is anyone waiting for Wgs or Thomas Telford before any spaces might be freed? I see a fair few Qmgs Walsall spaces have been freed up but haven't yet read about any Adams places?