Past standardised scores WGHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wee

Past standardised scores WGHS

Post by Wee »

I know that last year the last standardised score to gain a place at WGHS was 297. Any idea what previous lowest admittance scores have been? Thanks
vza

Re: Past standardised scores WGHS

Post by vza »

Hi,

Cut off SD score of 297 appears to be very low (52.7% of candidates scored higher)!

My DD took the test in 2011 and this was the information given to me by the school:
1- Normally 600 to 700 candidates will take the test.
2- For 2010 test, 623 girls took the test (389 1st preference) and candidate rank 196 was the last offer. From rank 196 out of 623, the cut off score can be calculated as 322 (107.2).

VZA
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

I believe that 2013 entry (2012 test) was the first CEM exam for WGHS, previously there had been four GL papers in Maths, English, NVR and VR. I'm not sure if that will have any bearing on past scores and whether or not they are directly comparable. I'm sure someone smarter than myself can answer that :D
Wee

Post by Wee »

Thanks both for your replies.

I agree, the change in paper last year makes comparisons difficult. Also the change in letter from giving a position to a SS makes it tricky to call this year.

I think many people were put off last year when their rank was above the lowest entry for the year before stated in their letter (146th I think) and went for alternative options. Huge entry numbers due to those taking the test as a practise and not really wanting a place though meant that some of these girls would have got in. When they did not put WGHS on the CAF this then meant that those much further down the list and with a lower SS got in. At least I think that's what happened!

My DD scored 330 and whilst we are very proud and she is pleased with how she did I think that bearing all this in mind she is likely to be lucky to get in. My fingers will be aching if I keep them crossed from now till March!