11 plus test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chez

11 plus test

Post by chez »

Does anyone know - Will any of the question types be repeated on the second paper that were on the first paper?
We can work out which ones were not on the first paper, but wondered if any are repeated? :?:
Thanks
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

There will be two more type Z questions - These always appear on both papers. Two other types will be repeated, but there is no way of knowing which these will be.

Hilda
hugh

Post by hugh »

Is your child really SO sure of which ones came up in paper 1, and are you really SO sure of the accuracy of their memory that you can confidently predict which ones are still to be tested?

Personally, I would (and did) assume all/any types could come up in paper 2, to be on the safe side.
chez

11 plus test

Post by chez »

My daughter has a great memory so she is sure about most of them but as per your advice we will just take the questions as they come up on the next test, and she will do one more practice test this weekend so as to keep the momentum going and keep the methods fresh in her mind.

We can confidently predict a few of the types due to come up that weren't in the first test but for obvious reasons cannot say on this site!

Post by Guest »

hi i think it is not relevent to this topic but just curious and worried that's why i am asking this qstns.my son did practice test paper 1 today (at home) from familiarisation pack (we live OOC and he is sitting for 11+ tests in 10 days)and he got 7 wrong. he did anormous test papers before and always scored 76+/80. could anybody tell me how your DD/DS has scored in these tests please. it would be very helpful. i don't know how my son is going to react as he had to go after finishing his test and i just finished marking it. thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Guest

Do you mean that your son did his first practice paper (called Paper A) or his second one - called Paper 1. (Designed to confuse, of course!!)

Paper A is generally thought of as easier than Papers 1 & 2. However, nerves at doing real papers can really play a part in this, so don't panic.

On telling your son, only you can judge how he will react. Some children will be spurred on to new heights by a poor result this time, whilst others will fall into a pit of despair.

If he is at risk of the latter, consider being "economical with the truth" on how he scored. I have done that in the past - just added a couple of marks - and it has worked very well. :wink:

Sally-Anne

Post by Guest »

thanks sally, yes it is paper1.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

7 wrong on paper 1 is very good indeed.

Tests 1 and 2 are of a similar difficulty to the real test. Test A is easier.

This should have been explained to you. I would now administer Test A followed by test 2.

Good Luck.

Patricia
Chez

11+

Post by Chez »

If it helps my daughter got 4 wrong in Paper A , 8 wrong in Paper 1 and 3 wrong in Paper 3.
She said that the real first test paper was easier.

Post by Guest »

thanks everybody. yes chez it is a big help for us (me). well he scored 79/80 in test A but i am aware it is way easier than other 2 he is going to do test 2 on sunday morning let's see.... thanks for all the help. oh do you mind chez if i ask you how is your daughter's vocab and what did she score in year 5 (please feel free to ansawer/not to answer) especially in english (we have optional tests in maidenhead in yr5). my son got maths 5B, english reading 5 and writing 4A. thanks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now