CEM?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana girl

CEM?

Post by Araucana girl »

Ok can't do it....... Staying off the forum that is. So are we allowed to comment on CEM then as the alternative date has now happened. Not that I have had much out of my dd at all. Anyone had anything from their dd's what did they think of it?
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
djy76

Re: CEM?

Post by djy76 »

Lovely to see you back. :D I have been reading the forum lots as I am lost now our 11plus journey for the time being is over. :lol:

I am intrigued by CEM though had a DS sit it this time...

What will the changes be by the time DS2 sits it in 7 years time???
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

I must say that silence is golden in Essex when you read the complaints about Bexley and Bucks. I am waiting to hear the results so we can get a real sense of the effect the exam change has produced.

DD is taking it Sept 2014 along with the 11+....if the Southend Grammars stay with the 11+ that is.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Really wondering just how few of us took the CEM as it is so quiet, especially as you say pushymother compared to Bexley, what a bomb has exploded there. It doesn't seem that CEM has had the same effect at all here. Time will tell, dd has really told me nothing apart from what sections were there.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Araucana girl wrote:Really wondering just how few of us took the CEM as it is so quiet, especially as you say pushymother compared to Bexley, what a bomb has exploded there. It doesn't seem that CEM has had the same effect at all here. Time will tell, dd has really told me nothing apart from what sections were there.
Did your daughter say if there were too many questions for the time allowed? Did she say if she was able to answer all of the questions in each section before time ran out? Just wondering if Bexley's exam is completely different to the one Chelmsford presented....
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

So can we talk about CEM now then? Not that my DD could remember much...
moved

Post by moved »

Talk away :D
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

sleeplessinhalstead wrote:So can we talk about CEM now then? Not that my DD could remember much...
I am not concerned about content as much as knowing if I need to prepare my daughter that there may be too many questions for the time allowed so she doesn't get frustrated or stressed.
2 to go

Post by 2 to go »

Friend's DD had been very worried about the timing as she had read the comments on other forums. However, she said that timing was OK and managed to finish all sections. She had completed the CEM-style papers recently published and had found them difficult to finish.
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

My DD said it was pretty much ok, but very different to the CSSE exam because each individual section was timed and each paper was a mix of English, VR, NVR & Maths. She was able to finish all sections except the last one which sounds like the cloze statements. She said this section contained 30 questions and had to be completed in 8 minutes. She didn't have time to do the last 6. However we did no preparation for CEM only for the CSSE paper and she had not tried these before.
She came out smiling, but said one girl in her room cried, but generally the children looked ok coming out of it, they did not look shell shocked.