Adams Grammar extra info

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
reeyah

Adams Grammar extra info

Post by reeyah »

Decided to make a separate thread for this, as I know many are interested in this school after they received the scores. I have already posted this on another thread, so please excuse me if you have already read that!

Had a very interesting conversation with Adams Grammar school today. Their last score entry in 2012 was 301 according to their letters. However, they are now clearly saying don't apply with a score of 301 this year, as the 'exam was a year 5 standard, and all the banding has moved'.. which I found a little peculiar? Surely standardisation takes cares of different standards of paper? I'm bewildered :?:

I now strongly feel all the last score entries are going to rise :?

Edited to add smileys :D
Daffodil3969

Re: Adams Grammar extra info

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Hello,

I wonder what they meant by that? Did you get a letter then telling you not to apply? Did they give any indication how many letters were sent out?

I know of someone with a score of 302, but gather they had a letter saying they might apply rather than strongly urging them to, although I haven't seen it so that is hearsay.

Last year I think those at the top knew where they were as everyone else was ranked, this year it doesn't seem so clear at all.

Seems an awfully long time to wait until march!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Hi Daffodil3969

Yes. DS scored 301 and the letter states he will not get a place. The same letter then says 301 was last entry in 2012.

I'm thinking now it probably was a boarder, but perhaps they don't want to reveal that?
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

Hi, Does anyone know what was the standardised score of the last entry last year in March? I mean excluding the waiting list and boarders. Also if one is on waiting list then how soon or how late would they be notified? Would really appreciate some answers! Thanks
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Last year the candidates were only told their rank, not the standardised score. So none of those who got places will actually know what their scores were.
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

Thanks Okanagan. Just wondering what was the standardised score for the non boarders!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Hi mummy

I'm afraid they won't reveal any of the that information :?

If your letter states that you should apply, just do so and wait until March.

Good luck! :)
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

At the open day the head said two letter were sent out; 1. Your son is suitable 2. Your son will struggle.
He said if you don't put us on the preference form your guaranteed NOT to get in.
Even if you had a "your son will struggle" letter you can put us on the CAF form you MIGHT get in but the odds are lower.
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

I wonder how many were suitable? Would they all get a place if they put AGS first?
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Was there any indication on how many letters were sent out or why the cut off is above last years?

If they are saying you can put AGS down with the your son will struggle and you MAY get a place letter , surely that implies all those with the eligible and strongly urge letter stand a good chance?

I bet a lot was said and none of it explained very much???