Consortium scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daffodil3969

Consortium scores

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Hi
Do you think 309 is the cutoff for AGS this year? It was 301 last year but I gather 301's have been advised not to apply but I know 309 has received the strongly encourage to apply letter.

I suspect 309 isn't high enough to gain a place this year but wondered whether anyone between 301 & 309 has received the advise to apply letter?
reeyah

Re: Consortium scores

Post by reeyah »

I would be really interested to know too ;-). I think it's a bit odd that the school refused to even reveal the minimum score who were encouraged to apply. What's the big secret about that?! I hope someone here can shed some light :?:
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

I also wonder how many will have sat for AGS who don't plan to accept a place, ie used the consortium as a practise for later eleven plus exams, and also whether, if the cut off point of say 309 is for everyone who sat the consortium test on the same day or only those who put AGS as first place?

So what is the cut off for other members of the consortium? Wghs, Nghs, Qmgs and Qmhs? Do those affect each other in any way?

Questions questions......
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Come on........lots of lurkers, posting helps all of us. :D
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Daffodil3969 wrote:So what is the cut off for other members of the consortium? Wghs, Nghs, Qmgs and Qmhs? Do those affect each other in any way?
Can only help with the girls schools I'm afraid.
QMHS: 314
NGHS: 315
WGHS: 297
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Thanks for that.

Anybody got between 301 (which is a no) and 309 (which is a yes) for AGS?

Would really like to see if we can find the cut off this year.
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

The QMGS letter said that those below 305 would struggle with the grammar school environment. And that last year's lowest score admitted was 318.
diseyp

Post by diseyp »

Daffodil3969 wrote:I also wonder how many will have sat for AGS who don't plan to accept a place, ie used the consortium as a practise for later eleven plus exams, and also whether, if the cut off point of say 309 is for everyone who sat the consortium test on the same day or only those who put AGS as first place?

So what is the cut off for other members of the consortium? Wghs, Nghs, Qmgs and Qmhs? Do those affect each other in any way?
My QMGS letter says
"scores ranged from 185 - 420 lowest admitted last year 318"
"so if your son ... achieved a score above, equal to or close to (318) we strongly recommend... "

I am eagerly awaiting the KES results not because we want a B'ham school, but because he only sat for Walsall - I am worried about all the people saying they might have to use their "back up plan" (of Walsall) - Some of us actually want their child to go there you know !!
Daffodil3969

Post by Daffodil3969 »

Yes Disey
I agree, I think (hope) people sat for AGS who didn't really want it, it must be the same for the Walsall school.
Good luck anyway!
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

It all evens out diseyp and Daffodil3969, plenty of non-brummies in the KE schools! Many in Birmingham will have the choice of a long trip to a GS or a place at a poor comp.