How was the Kendrick Test today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hsinam

How was the Kendrick Test today?

Post by hsinam »

My dd mentioned that Test was harder than a usual GL Assessment paper and there were questions which are usually unlikely to come :? . Would be good to know how others found it...
sonasona

Re: How was the Kendrick Test today?

Post by sonasona »

Sounds about right, Kendrick will always put in at least a couple of unique questions (this was the case last year).

Its good Dd said it was harder which means she had to concentrate which is always a good thing :)
millicent

Post by millicent »

Hi, my DD found it fairly easy, but the NV sections were time pressured (30 seconds per question which is less than in the GL assessment books!)
We'd heard rumours of girls crying/being distraught in other years, but she found it fairly relaxing (as much as these things can be) with kind, helpful sixthformers to distract you while waiting.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Dd3 said it was easier than she thought it might be, with nothing she hadn't seen before. Said there was one unusual set which she had done similar to, but not in the GL practice papers.

Dd1 confirmed the 807 number (although there was an empty table in dd3's room), and said they were told that that included about 120 out of catchment.
Last edited by aliportico on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

This should help the late testers :? :? :?
Last edited by sonasona on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Oops, was only thinking about this afternoon, not the late ones. Have edited :-)

Do we know that the late paper is the same one? I guess standardisation would be difficult if not.
millicent

Post by millicent »

Can the forum supervisors look at this please: says "millicent wrote"- and then details of a question re the word underground- I did not write this!!
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Oops, sorry!....now edited :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

To help next years lot, can you reread the duffers guide and tell me if anything thing could be added to improve it.
Thanks.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

It's ok, gone now :-)

The only crying I heard of today was a girl in dd1's room who dropped her pencil sharpener in the bin after using it. Dd1 had to root around to get it out. Hope she settled down for the NVR x x x