NVR for Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hasmum

NVR for Bucks

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Sorry this may have been asked before, but do we cover all nvr topics, I did alot with my ds 2 years ago but that was for slough consortium..., didn't do much cubes/dice etc do we cover them aswell.

THANKS
Marylou

Re: NVR for Bucks

Post by Marylou »

This lists most of the types encountered in CEM papers in the past:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =4&t=30239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

Personally I think it best to cover all, as CEM say that the test will not have the same content each year. Others may think differently.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:Personally I think it best to cover all, as CEM say that the test will not have the same content each year. Others may think differently.

Agree.

Patricia
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Thanks everyone :)
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

The other reasons for covering all types are that, it teaches a child to build their spacial reasoning step by step (there is a really good book that helps with this, not sure if I am able to promote it on here ) and even if they are not all used it is good brain food. Children love them. They are puzzles and fun. We found this the most enjoyable part of our DIY.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Agreed! Nvr are deffo the ones to save for pulling out after a disasterous vocab session, they cheer them up, and they are good to share....racing for the answer, although be prepared for the child with perfect eyesight to beat you hands down when it comes to counting shape edges, or squiggles. Also be prepared to never really 'get' some of the answers, but not to worry too much, as your child will. :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

southbucks3 wrote:Also be prepared to never really 'get' some of the answers, but not to worry too much, as your child will. :lol:
It helps to have youth on your side for these. I read somewhere that it's something to do with synapses working more quickly in children and slowing down with age, or something like that. At least that's the excuse I always trot out. :oops:
Marylou
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

I wondered why my DD was sooo... Much faster than me at them. :lol: