CSSE email

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MacPac

CSSE email

Post by MacPac »

Does anyone know what order, if any, the CSSE send out the results? Is it by surname or candidate number?

Also, from what time they'll be sending out the results on the Friday?

Thanks.
Araucana girl

Re: CSSE email

Post by Araucana girl »

MacPac wrote:Does anyone know what order, if any, the CSSE send out the results? Is it by surname or candidate number?

Also, from what time they'll be sending out the results on the Friday?

Thanks.
I heard that it was close of play on the Friday, I presume that that means 4pm onwards. Going to go and see when they started coming in last year.....

As to order........ :?
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Looks like people were receiving emails after 5pm on the Friday last year. Rumours of certain email accounts having problems though: gmail, btopenworld, yahoo. Could anyone confirm this who was on here last year please?

Albert Einstein
dez

Post by dez »

Last year we received at around 4:30pm. May be depends on your email provider? and also remember to check in SPAM box!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

dez wrote:Last year we received at around 4:30pm. May be depends on your email provider? and also remember to check in SPAM box!
Oh crikey I will still be at work and will be watching my phone for beeps like a hawk. Maybe I will change my ring tone to an ominous tune :shock:

Albert Einstein
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Yes you are right Yahoo and other free email provider addresses did have problems last year.

I'm with you all on not sharing the scores.
andyp2012

Post by andyp2012 »

Beware. CSSE had serious system issues last year and results took a long time to come out. We didnt get our DD's results until the next day. This in turn led to numerous calls to a very pleasant lady at the CSSE who gave the results out over the phone. Poor lady must have had the patience of a saint!

Good luck everyone!
Worrisome Mum

Post by Worrisome Mum »

Yes there were problems with the e-mails last year. I didn't get well until the next day. After an excruciating wait until over midnight I gave up to catch some sleep but to wake up again for an agonizing wait. I gathered from the forum discussions that the DS's primary school also receives a copy so called the school and got the results. The e-mail came long after that around 11am I think.
Good Luck to all of you.
ahap

Post by ahap »

I never got the email. A nice CSSE lady phoned & told me the results the next day because I left a message and emailed them as well. Then after a few days everyone received their results by post.
This is what happened last year.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=28124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by ahap on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Redtabby

Post by Redtabby »

I understood that one of the main problems with last years email deliveries was that the CSSE sent out the results by email along with an attachment advising the approximate score zones.

I have just looked at my email from last year and it says it was sent by CSSE at 19.22pm. Despite having a properly hosted email address I didn't receive the email until 11.10am the next day.

The attachment was 642KB, so not massive but it definitely caused problems.

Check your blocked senders list in your mailbox settings and make sure the CSSE email address is not blocked.

I vividly remember the anguish of that evening and night and will always be grateful to this forum as it kept me calm during the long wait.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now