Results letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Brum Mum

Results letter

Post by Brum Mum »

Can any of you experienced 11+'ers give an idea of the information we are likely to get in our results letter?

The information for each region seems to vary pretty dramatically.

serendippyty

Re: Results letter

Post by serendippyty »

Last year here in Warwickshire we got his score, his position overall, his position boys only and the info showing the last few years qualifying scores so it was quite comprehensive.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Thanks Serendippy

That is a lot of information.

The waiting is killing me - I hope that when the letter finally arrives it gives a definitive indication of how they've done or by next March I shall be completely bald! :oops:
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread title. I naively thought the letters had been issued early.

There is a sticky at the top of this thread which describes some of the stats from the previous years and will give some indication of liklihood of gaining a GS place. I think this will be invaluable on results days.

Note for East Warks DC's there is the added complication of inner / outer scores.

A parent on a different thread said that come results day they just want their DC to have done very well, or very badly. They didn't want to wait until March to know where they stood. I know how they feel...
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Sorry! I hope that your heart has now returned to normal!

I feel exactly the same.
ginx

Post by ginx »

We had all assumed dd2 had not passed so did not wait in for the postman. Dd2 didn't even want to open the letter, she wasn't bothered.

It took me a while to work out that she was likely to have a chance of getting a place. It took friends a while to persuade me we were in the inner area. This forum was invaluable, the stats were useful and very accurate. So she came xth out of x00 who took the exam, with a score of y, which was higher (just) than previous years pass mark. However, once you have the results, you then can't wait till March to find out which school you've been allocated. It's a long year and I'm extremely glad it's over.

Don't all shout at me; what date in October do you get results? This forum will be inundated. :D
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

oh Ginx!

All I have to look forward to then is baldness?? :lol: :lol:

They originally said that the results would be sent on the 11th October, but then issued a letter at the test saying 18th - meanies :(
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

...But just think...

...If Warks stuck to their original timetable and released results on October 11th...and on an earlier thread someone said that the schools get the results a week before the parents....it isn't unfeasible to think that the results could have been collated and in the post to the schools by this weekend...

When it is put like that, it doesn't seem long to wait...
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

As is usually the case with these things - its infinitely possible that the results are just sat waiting to be sent out - but I guess we'll never know.

We have parents evening soon - I bet they will already know the results :shock:

I'm just impatient and I want the results here now :lol: :lol:
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I wouldn't want anyone to go through what we went through last year with the waits, it was SO stressful!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now