The papers will have been marked by now!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkus-Pinkus

The papers will have been marked by now!

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

9 days to go until results day. I am sure that the papers will have been marked by now and that the envelopes will be being stuffed in some office somewhere. I am so sad that I have been resorting to yes no predictors on the internet. :oops: ( where did that one come from) I am normally quite a sane and balanced person Honest! I have seen on here somewhere that HTs will know the results by Tuesday, surely that is not the case? I would have thought the envelopes would be sent out to the schools sealed. As DD is at an OOC school we know we will be the first to hear other than the computer that marked of course.
Feeling very nervous now - swinging between thinking she will have done fine, they all found it hard (she has never been good at predicting her results), to OMG how am I going to break her failure to her . How will she cope!?
Have been heavily promoting the Comp to no avail. Constantly telling her that she is a methodical worker not a speed worker and that the comp may better suit her needs. Tunnel vision still prevails.
Last edited by Tinkus-Pinkus on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanna

Re: The papers will have been marked by now!

Post by Sanna »

Yes, I'm totally failing to stay (become?) sane here too... and also imagining the marked script, scores in a table, letters being printed stuffed in envelopes and put in school post bags..... aaaaahhhhhhggghghg!

The former process was for Headteachers to get a list of results a couple of days before so they could start pulling out the paper work for those children likely to appeal and revising their assessment. That makes them more ready for the deluge of parents on Monday morning. I don't know that the process is the same this year, I've not seen a Headteachers' manual for the new test processes - it could be different. However I've never ever heard of a Headteacher in a Bucks state school giving any clue, hint, wink or nod to any parent. It would be totally unprofessional (and they are generally a very professional bunch), it could get them into trouble if discovered, and it would send hundreds of anxious parents to see them ahead of the results in the hope of getting a clue. So we wait... next Friday is approaching fast... and just as well for my sanity!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

My son is so 100% certain that he has not reached the passmark that he moved on straight away, and has resigned himself to the upper, i wish i could! I keep looking at eldest in his grammar uniform and thinking maybe ds2 will join him, even though he told me categorically no chance. Sadly there is already a marked level of separation between those who are confident, and those who have had their confidence bashed, by the procedure, and it does not seem to relate to obvious academic intelligence, as the really bright kids and parents just keep politely quiet. At least the kids and parents in the "no chance it was too hard" club, have no where to publicly fall from, unlike the smugs, as my friend calls them, but saying that i do not want anyones child upset about their result regardless, of whether thrir parents are allready buying the uniform.
Ho hum, here i go again...wondering if he could be wrong!
Last edited by southbucks3 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bam

Post by Bam »

I am very glad I am not alone in my insanity!! :roll: :shock:
I am obsessing over the results. Everyone is expecting my daughter to pass and that is just extra pressure!! We're not smug at all, I'm not discussing is with anyone else in her school but I'm driving my husband crazy!! lol I'm sending him to pick up the results, I just can't do it!
Good luck to all. Bx
Garnett

Post by Garnett »

Yes, I have been thinking the same i.e. the papers will have been marked now.
The first two weeks seemed to fly by, but as we get closer time really seems to be dragging.
Audreylawyer

Post by Audreylawyer »

I am not sure which has been worse; the run up to the exams or waiting for the results! I too have been promoting our local comps, but to no avail. I decided not to tell him when the results are out (we are OOC and applying for boarding), so that he could carry on in blissful ignorance. Unfortunately my plans were scupper end by another student at school who told him the results date.

I am not sure how to break it to him if the news is not good and am concerned about how he will cope. So much pressure for our DC's and us DP's too.

My usually beautiful nails are in a terrible state, and sleep seems to be a thing if the past. :cry: At least there is not too much longer to wait now. Although we have to wait for the unreliable postal service to deliver the news, so I am not expecting his results to arrive before 14th. At least I arrive home before my DS on a Monday so should be able to open them in secret then prepare myself to deliver the news, be it good or bad.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Audreylawyer wrote:I decided not to tell him when the results are out (we are OOC and applying for boarding), so that he could carry on in blissful ignorance. Unfortunately my plans were scupper end by another student at school who told him the results date.
Same here. :x

BTW the results are posted out first class on the 10th so if your DS thinks they're not arriving until the 14th that still puts you a couple of days ahead of the game. :)
Marylou
Dande

Post by Dande »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:9 days to go until results day. I am sure that the papers will have been marked by now and that the envelopes will be being stuffed in some office somewhere. I am so sad that I have been resorting to yes no predictors on the internet. :oops: ( where did that one come from) I am normally quite a sane and balanced person Honest! I have seen on here somewhere that HTs will know the results by Tuesday, surely that is not the case? I would have thought the envelopes would be sent out to the schools sealed. As DD is at an OOC school we know we will be the first to hear other than the computer that marked of course.
Feeling very nervous now - swinging between thinking she will have done fine, they all found it hard (she has never been good at predicting her results), to OMG how am I going to break her failure to her . How will she cope!?
Have been heavily promoting the Comp to no avail. Constantly telling her that she is a methodical worker not a speed worker and that the comp may better suit her needs. Tunnel vision still prevails.
Oh noooooo, now I've found the yes/no predictor!!!!!!!
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

Dande wrote:
Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:9 days to go until results day. I am sure that the papers will have been marked by now and that the envelopes will be being stuffed in some office somewhere. I am so sad that I have been resorting to yes no predictors on the internet. :oops: ( where did that one come from) I am normally quite a sane and balanced person Honest! I have seen on here somewhere that HTs will know the results by Tuesday, surely that is not the case? I would have thought the envelopes would be sent out to the schools sealed. As DD is at an OOC school we know we will be the first to hear other than the computer that marked of course.
Oh noooooo, now I've found the yes/no predictor!!!!!!!
:oops: :lol:
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

Oh nooo, we move house between the test and results, I emailed ages ago to ask if they could send the results to our new address but had no response. Completely forgot to give them a ring to see if it had been updated, will be torture if we have to wait a few days for the mail redirection!!