Grammar Test at HSFG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gingernut

Grammar Test at HSFG

Post by gingernut »

I would like to hear from anyone else who sat the test at HSFG yesterday as my DD believes she only had 40 minutes to complete paper 1. She was in group F, so I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone else in the same group.
Cup of tea

Re: Grammar Test at HSFG

Post by Cup of tea »

Why does she think that? I know that all rooms at hsfg have 2 stopwatches and the invigilators use these as well as having a clock on display. With two invigilators in every room i would think this highly unlikey if not imppossible.
gingernut

Post by gingernut »

The invigilator told them they would have 40 minutes (this has been corroberated by another child) and in the break between the tests other girls from her group said they had expected 45 minutes. I wondered if anyone in the same room had timed the paper for themselves as my daughter unfortunately didn't look at her own watch.
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

Maybe they misheard or maybe the invigilator said 40 by mistake. However there are detailed written instructions on both papers on what to say, and to work out timings for verbal instructions in the middle and just before the end of the test.
CheltMum13

Post by CheltMum13 »

At Ribston they wrote the start time and finish time on the white board - can your DD or anyone else in the same group recall if they did this at HSFG and whether this gave them 40 or 45 minutes?

I would call HSFG first thing in the morning to register your concern and ask them to check with the invigilators for that group.
bewilderedofglos

Post by bewilderedofglos »

gingernut wrote:I would like to hear from anyone else who sat the test at HSFG yesterday as my DD believes she only had 40 minutes to complete paper 1. She was in group F, so I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone else in the same group.
Did you have any luck contacting hsfg today?

My DD struggled to finish paper 1, but was unaware of any timing issues, in group B though so may not help you.
72purples

Post by 72purples »

My daughter struggled to finish the first paper, but unfortunately didnt note the timings (like we had previously talked about)
She was in group H
gingernut

Post by gingernut »

We have heard from the school who say all groups had 45 minutes, but dd still says they were told 40 mins. Would really like to hear from others in goup F just to be sure. This certainly doesn't help the stess levels!
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Perhaps they just misheard? I guess with multiple adults in the room plus it printed on the test paper it would be extremely unlikely a mistake would be made :)
bet77

Post by bet77 »

Hi gingernut my daughter and her friend was group F and I spoke with them and both of the girls confirmed they had 45 min! she said it was 2 clocks as well : one stopper ( one teacher had ) and one was on the wall ! she was 100 % sure they had 45 min .
good luck tomorrow ;)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now