Tunbridge wells boys grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sussexmum

Tunbridge wells boys grammar

Post by Sussexmum »

Hi, does anyone know anything about the catchment area for this school? It seems a bit of a mystery. Rang the school but got nowhere. What score is needed? Is there a distance limit? Nothing in the Kent booklet either.thank you for any advice, especially from those who got in last year from out of county.
northernmonkey

Re: Tunbridge wells boys grammar

Post by northernmonkey »

Pass needed. We are OOC. Put TWGSB top of CAF knowing that we would not get in on first allocation. Put our names on the waiting list thinking we would not get to the top of the list. Were offered a place two weeks later. Did not take up offer in the end but do know of lots of OOC boys who have got to the top of the waiting list before term starts in September.
mystery

Post by mystery »

If their admissions policy is not on their website or in the admissions booklet for entering secondary school the school must send you one. Email them. You can also ask for data from previous years e.g. In which previous years would you have got in on 1 march from your address.
bertalone

Post by bertalone »

You only need a pass to get in, it doesn't go on score. At the open evening they had a map up which showed a catchment area of kent parishes. It spread out northwards to the kent boundary covering Sevenoaks then roughly across the A25 to the surrey border at Westerham. This was the area I was looking at so I don't know about the other direction and I'm going on memory! From what I gather, these areas (which were all in kent) had a priority over OOC but it still went on distance from the school if two boys were both from the area. They had this up as a display in the entrance hall so they should be able to give you a copy of it.
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

This has a map from last year. I don't think they have changed this year but you could double check by checking the list of parishes against the list in the KCC admissions booklet you should have received for this year.

https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... 202013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaddyOh
CoffeeCup

Post by CoffeeCup »

The allocation information that DaddyOh linked to is correct (we were told at the open eveing). So all who pass and live within 3 miles are ranked according to distance. Then after that, all who pass and live more than 3 miles away but are within one of the named parishes are ranked according to distance. After that, all others who passed are ranked accoring to distance.

It would be helpful to know how many boys got in from each of those 'categories' though. Eg how many places given in 2013 were within 3 miles, how many from the villages and how many outside those areas. Does anyone have that info?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now