Help! Problem with on line admission form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stroud Mum

Help! Problem with on line admission form

Post by Stroud Mum »

Has anyone else experienced this? I have registered to make an admission online but have hit a problem. I filled in the first choice School - Stroud High - then the form asks if there are siblings. I filled in my son's details as he is at Marling and Marling/High School take account of siblings. Next you are asked to search for the School the sibling currently attends. As soon as I tried to search for Marling the web page expired. It has done this a couple of times. Shire Hall aren't aware this is a problem, is it just me?
Cheers

Post by Guest »

Is the online form asking for siblings currently at Stroud High?
On the paper form, you fill out the siblings for the relevant school, so if there are no siblings currently at the school you are applying for ,you don't put anything down.

Maybe that is what the problem is?
Stroud Mum

Post by Stroud Mum »

Yes, it asks for siblings currently at the School you are applying for, there isn't a question that asks if you have siblings at another School that need to be taken into account for admissions purposes. The person at Shire Hall wasn't even aware that siblings count for Stroud High and Marling. They only seem to know about Denmark Rd, where it is not a factor apparently. They also said that if there was a problem with the online admission form it was "not in their domain". Very helpful!

Post by Guest »

If I remember correctly from last year's form,(not your area), you would have to put no on the Stroud High section as you do not have a sibling there.

Then you will proceed to the next choice, another school(Marling?) and then put yes for that school as you have a sibling there.I think you have to put the sibling's name down here at this point.

You should carry on down the form till all relevant sections are filled in and then you can recheck if this is the case.
Don't worry that you have made any mistakes as you can review and change anything you've spotted or change your mind about.

It might not be exactly as what I've described but it is probably similar.
These online admissios forms are usually quite precise but are trickier in that you can't 'see' it as well as a paper form.
Stroud Mum

An update

Post by Stroud Mum »

Just got someone helpful at the admissions team. Yes, it is a technical problem with the software. The form doesn't recognise a different sex sibling and they will need to fix it. I also think they need to make the form clearer, perhaps reminding parents/carers to check the admissions criteria re siblings for a particular School. It might make the difference between getting a place and not in some cases if this information is not included..

Post by Guest »

online admissios forms are usually quite precise
it is a technical problem with the software
Ha! Thumbs down for technology, then!

Glad you got to the bottom of the problem. good luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now