Moving to Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Desperate_Parents

Moving to Bucks

Post by Desperate_Parents »

Hi All,

Need some advice (maybe guidance). We are in the process of moving to South Bucks and were hoping to have moved by tomorrow (yes double stress of moving & results) but unfortunately we won't be moving for another 2 weeks at least if not more.

We need to fill in the CAF form and the deadline is end of this month. Do we fill the CAF form for the region we are currently in (as we do not know if we will move before the closing date) or do we fill the CAF form for region we are moving to?

What would the implications be if we were to fill in the CAF form for the region we are in and then move before the closing date or even if we fill in the CAF form for the region we are moving to and the move does not happen before the closing date?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated & Thank You in advance.

Desperately Desperate_Dad
hermanmunster

Re: Moving to Bucks

Post by hermanmunster »

Page 34 !

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/1350279 ... 013-14.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Desperate_Parents

Thank you hermanmunster
Desperate_Parents

Finally we have exchanged contracts and will be moving to Burnham on Friday 25th but now I don't know whether to complete the form for the county I am in or for Burnham as I will NOT have any proof of address to submit with the form. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Desperate_Dad
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Will a letter from solicitor confirming exchange of contracts not be sufficient?
Desperate_Parents

Yes should be sufficient. So should I complete the Burnham form and attach the letter of completion?

Thank you Tinkers
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Can't comment about the form, just knew someone else who had a similar prob with proof of address when moving. That's how they got round it.
Desperate_Parents

The guide is quite confusing. It does say that we need to prove evidence of residence before 14th November if we move AFTER completing the form but there is no guidance what to do if we move before 30th October deadline?
I will try and give the council a call and see what they suggest.

Thank you
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

We moved (within borough) at the beginning of Oct. Apparently there is a 5-6 week backlog on updating the council tax so we have been advised to submit solicitors letters as proof of new address instead. Haven't tried sending it yet as we still can't decide on our order of school preference.
free2getahead

Post by free2getahead »

Bucks in their guide have also mentioned, they want to see documents confirming that the previous house is disposed and not available for the family. We are in the process of moving but not sure we will be able to let our house in time. Any ideas?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now