Good luck everyone!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fairweathergardener

Good luck everyone!

Post by fairweathergardener »

This time last year it was me, or rather DD, who had just gone through/was going through all of this. It was a difficult time, tested friendships ridiculously for parents as well as the obvious children, and lots of uncertainty, so I feel for you all.

Thursday could be STRS results. Friday lunchtime I got the Pates email, and Saturday the Denmark Road/Ribston/SHS letters.

Hopefully there will be lots of celebrating on Saturday evening. We're so lucky in Glos with some fantastic schools - grammars, great comps and great private schools. Your DC will fit in perfectly in one of them.
StJamesDad

Re: Good luck everyone!

Post by StJamesDad »

Yes, agree on the tested friendships! Or to put it another way, you find out who your friends are :shock:
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Also wish to add good wishes to all. I have gone through the process twice in the past 2 years- did not get the news we wanted this time last year but things have worked out very well in the end even if the appeal process is a long haul.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Would also like to wish everyone "Good Luck". This will probably be the longest weekend of your lives - but you will get through it no matter what the outcome. If your DC does not achieve the qualifying score (HATE the "fail" word :twisted: ) it does not mean they are not bright, sensible, loving children who can and will achieve success. They will thrive at their choice of school - no matter if it is Grammar or Comp.
Anyone who has the daunting task of an appeal - just remember you are probably going to feel how your child felt on test day; worried anxious, scared, nervous etc, but all you can do is what they did - their best.
Monday will be an awful day at school for those who did not get the result they wished for, having to watch those who did. Those who did achieve a qualifying score please think of those who didn't.
Stay calm, positive and happy and try to enjoy your weekend
kikko4138

Post by kikko4138 »

Thank you for all of you here.

I've been reassuring my dd regardless of the results she will be doing fine wherever she goes.
can't wait tomorrow though.
I told my dd to have a treat for dinner with her brothers whether we receive the resultswe want or not.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I too need to add my best wishes got you all, and urge you all to give your DC a big hug before the results come through... I hope your DC get the results their hard work deserves, but inevitably some won't. For those of you that do please remember we'd all like to know, but there is informing people and there is crowing.. For those of you that don't get what you want, everyone is here for you, whether it be a few kind words, a shoulder, or at the other extreme the work done by Etienne and Co with regard to appeals. Either way your DC will have benifitted from preparing and sitting the test, in terms of both academic and life skills.

SD.

P.s. To the large number of lurkers on the Gloucestershire forum, sign up, make a contribution and join the fun. ;-)
Amber

Post by Amber »

stroudydad wrote:P.s. To the large number of lurkers on the Gloucestershire forum, sign up, make a contribution and join the fun. ;-)
Yes; unless as has happened once or twice, your contribution is to say 'been lurking for a while, loved all the advice. DC scored the highest recorded ever score for Pates and I am sooo proud! Off to celebrate'.

Please think of all those who didn't make it and may be looking on here for comfort.

And if you are fortunate enough to have one who did make it, please make sure they treat others sensitively too - kids can be very cruel.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:
stroudydad wrote:P.s. To the large number of lurkers on the Gloucestershire forum, sign up, make a contribution and join the fun. ;-)
Yes; unless as has happened once or twice, your contribution is to say 'been lurking for a while, loved all the advice. DC scored the highest recorded ever score for Pates and I am sooo proud! Off to celebrate'.
I was hoping they would sign up before results...
CheltMum13

Post by CheltMum13 »

Wishing you all good luck - I feel sick just thinking about tomorrow! Is lovely to know you will all be there to hold hands, eat cake, celebrate or commiserate as needed - reminds me I must make sure I have vast quantities of cake, chocolate and wine in the house to see me through tomorrow and the weekend :D

Perhaps we should start some statistics on how many newbies join on results day - wonder if this year will be up on previous years? It does seem quite quiet at the moment!

Hoping to see lots of :D and no :cry: tomorrow - big hugs to everyone and their DC.
littlebaker

Post by littlebaker »

Am furiously beating butter and sugar as we speak :lol: