2nd BUCKS 11+ EXAMS HOW WELL DID THEY DO?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dinoo

2nd BUCKS 11+ EXAMS HOW WELL DID THEY DO?

Post by dinoo »

NA
Last edited by dinoo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

Yep, they will have done it by now. So glad its all over. Trouble is we've got to go through it with our other two over the next few years.

Thankfully our son has been pretty cool about it all but I know he's pleased to see the back of it too.

Very interested to see what he thought of todays paper as he thought the first was pretty easy.

All we have to do now is wait until 23 Nov.

Post by Guest »

the Previous Paper was easiest in Bucks History
Really? How on earth do you know that?
dinoo

Post by dinoo »

NA
Last edited by dinoo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Its the childrens perception. Most of my students found it OK, a few thought it hard, there were a number of traps [ as usual ]

Patricia

May I remind everyone not to discuss types and particular questions, as there are MANY children from out of County and Independent schools who have yet to sit the tests.
jayne

Easiest paper in Bucks history!!

Post by jayne »

Do you have solid evidence of the 1st paper being the easiest ever or is this just your personal opinion?!!
hugh

Post by hugh »

Good question. 11+ has been going for decades; has someone really trawled through all the old papers to compare? Also, as it's been going so long, how and why would they suddenly create one paper of a very different level of difficulty than all the others?

Frankly, it seems like a rather unhelpful generalisation that may cause some to panic needlessly. Some children may have found it easy; others not, but that's true every time.

And even if it was particularly easy, and even if the second one is particularly hard, if they are objectively of a different standard, then all the children will be in the same boat, so they'll all get high scores on one, low scores on the other, and it will still be those in the top 25% or whatever who, after standardisation, "pass".

Ultimately there are a (more or less) fixed number of places to fill, so although the difficulty of the tests may affect morale, somehow or other things will be processed so that approximately the right number of children qualify, so really it's their ranking rather than absolute or standardised score that matters.
blackbox31

Exams overs!

Post by blackbox31 »

My daughter completed her second test paper for Bucks and said it was okay and that both papers were the same level of difficultly but that second paper suited her more because she like those question types.

Anyway , it's all over for her now for Bucks and we shall wait for the results to see how she did. Now the next test of preparing for the Berkshire 11+ !

Re: Exams overs!

Post by Guest »

blackbox31 wrote:My daughter completed her second test paper for Bucks and said it was okay and that both papers were the same level of difficultly but that second paper suited her more because she like those question types.

Anyway , it's all over for her now for Bucks and we shall wait for the results to see how she did. Now the next test of preparing for the Berkshire 11+ !
My son said the same...
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

my son found it harder than the first, which we thought he probably would as he found the first quite easy. no doubt the types on first paper suited him more than those on todays.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now