bravado

Chelmsford CEM Results 2013 - General Discussion

Post by bravado »

Here you are - a thread ready for everything post-results. :D
Araucana girl

Re: Chelmsford CEM Results 2013 - General Discussion

Post by Araucana girl »

bravado wrote:Here you are - a thread ready for everything post-results. :D
Thanks Bravado for setting these up. I did wonder whether it would be interesting if those that took the CEM and CSSE results posted both together for comparison to see how the new system compared - or is that going too far ? :D I for one am interested to see how the new testing compares.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
sharob

Post by sharob »

adopting the 'brace' position for complex calculations as we speak!
Looking forward to hearing everyones results though.
Good luck to all :)
dez

Post by dez »

880 DDs sat for the CEM exam at CCHS last month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/se ... -race.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dez

Post by dez »

When is CCHS sending their CEM tests result?
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

dez wrote:When is CCHS sending their CEM tests result?
They will be sent out by post on Tuesday 15th per their website, no email from CCHS :(

Albert Einstein
butterfly36

Post by butterfly36 »

We are eagerly awaiting the CSSE result by email (from 4.30pm today) which will give us an idea if DD has a shot at WHSG, but I must admit it's Tuesday's letter from CCHS that's the 'big' one for us as DD would dearly love to go there ......she has friends and family there AND the journey, for us, is sooooo much easier. Good luck everybody !!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

butterfly36 wrote:We are eagerly awaiting the CSSE result by email (from 4.30pm today) which will give us an idea if DD has a shot at WHSG, but I must admit it's Tuesday's letter from CCHS that's the 'big' one for us as DD would dearly love to go there ......she has friends and family there AND the journey, for us, is sooooo much easier. Good luck everybody !!
Dd would like to go to CCHS as her first preference but I am not now holding out much hope as she didn't do very well on the CSSE result today (309). I am building her up for the most likely scenario that she is not likely to get in :( in a nice way. Going to see a comprehensive that we loved last night again on Monday so that should be good.

I hope that I am pleasantly surprised on Wednesday and that you get the good result your dd would like :D

Albert Einstein
dez

Post by dez »

Araucana girl wrote:
butterfly36 wrote:We are eagerly awaiting the CSSE result by email (from 4.30pm today) which will give us an idea if DD has a shot at WHSG, but I must admit it's Tuesday's letter from CCHS that's the 'big' one for us as DD would dearly love to go there ......she has friends and family there AND the journey, for us, is sooooo much easier. Good luck everybody !!
Dd would like to go to CCHS as her first preference but I am not now holding out much hope as she didn't do very well on the CSSE result today (309). I am building her up for the most likely scenario that she is not likely to get in :( in a nice way. Going to see a comprehensive that we loved last night again on Monday so that should be good.

I hope that I am pleasantly surprised on Wednesday and that you get the good result your dd would like :D
As CEM supposedly a different type of test so you never know! Good Luck next Wednesday.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

dez wrote:
Araucana girl wrote:

As CEM supposedly a different type of test so you never know! Good Luck next Wednesday.
I know that - trouble is part of me would have liked to have seen a score for CSSE characteristic with those that would have got into CCHS in the past. This has just reinforced my worst fears that she is really not CCHS material, it hurts me to say let alone think it.

We shall see. She is a bright lass, 5Cs and 4as across the board at the end of year 5 but pretty immature and scatty.

Just feeling very low about the whole thing now after a few glasses of wine. Wanted to be celebrating a possible WHSG and looking forward to the CEM result and my hopes have pretty much been dashed. Problem is a dp that went to Cambridge from a comprehensive - hated every minute of the comp :( maybe my expectations were too high! :( :(

Albert Einstein