11+ Saturday 6th October

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

11+ Saturday 6th October

Post by Guest »

What is the general feeling of the papers they had on Saturday?

My child said that they were OK!! Some of the vacab being quite difficult.

(Please remember that there are some still to take the exam so please just give a general feel and not specific info.)
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Son thinks he did well and that second paper harder than first.

Post by Guest »

Yes my son said second harder than the first, but I've heard others say differently so it's hard to tell.
katel

Post by katel »

Hang on - some have taken the test - and some have still to take it? The same test? I must have misunderstood - surely!

Post by Guest »

My daughter also thought it was not too bad. She left out 2 on each paper; all on the three letter word insertion ie the girl FOLED him into the garden. (LOW). However, I have heard several horror stories about nerves & complete flunks.

I agree that it's crazy to allow the same paper to be used again - children talk!! Surely can't be true....
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

One of our local primary schools did their school trip to France last week, so the children are doing the 11+ on 3 November.

Surely after all the problems last year there's no chance they will risk any allegations of cheating this time?

There's also the essay to come - and it appears different groups are doing that at different times. It would be all too easy to practise that if they use the same subject on different weeks!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hi Warks Mum!
3RD NOVEMBER!!!

Do you think that they take account of this extra month when standardising the scores???
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

I wonder how many children were ill on Saturday. And what if they are ill again for the reserve date? Should have thought about it, the extra few weeks practise look tempting!!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Exactly! And as we are out of catchment anyway, we get considered with the late application candidates! I think I missed a trick there!!
Assume you went to the Rugby High School open day/evening?
I am an Old girl from that school and can highly recommend it, although I struggled with being average, if not slightly below, compared with being very bright at my middle school.
Some of the teachers are still there and they work SO hard.

Post by Guest »

Yes there are still some to take it and yes, it would normally be the same papers, as previously mentioned there is a back up date for those who were ill on the day or who were unavoidably away!!

My son said the same about the '3 letter word insertion' one's being quite hard.

Please remember not to post specific questions so as not to be an advantage/disadvantage to candidates!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now