Anyone with DDs at RGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jini

Anyone with DDs at RGS

Post by Jini »

Visiting RGS soon. Anyone in Miadstone with DDs there? How do you find it? How's the journey? Please PM me :)
Samlet

Re: Anyone with DDs at RGS

Post by Samlet »

I know someone in Yr7 who does it and her mum is a regular poster so might be along soon. I think that there are a few more who take the same bus from Maidstone - and it stops very near to the school. I know they worried a bit about it, but have actually found it to be fine.

We love RGS btw :D
I've posted in Medway about this - she seems very confident and settled there. The pastoral care seems good, the work is interesting, the homework not too bad so far, the extra stuff (did a whole year debate in about week 2 or 3) really stimulating. So far so good.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Hi! Here I am! We live in Maidstone and had a real dilemma as our DD passed Medway but not Kent last year. We went with RGS and couldn't be happier. My DD gets a lift to school and sits in the hall doing homework. She then catches the bus home and there are about 4 of them who come to Maidstone. On a Friday I pick her up and we are home within 20 mins. I really did worry last year and now I feel blessed that my daughter is able to attend such an amazing school!
Jini

Post by Jini »

Thank you Monstermum and Samlet...Looking forward to visit the school tomorrow.
woollywomble

Post by woollywomble »

Hi, I'm new on here so hello everyone. We live in Kent (just outside Maidstone)and my DD has just passed the Medway test so am also looking at RGS. The pass mark seemed to be a lot higher than in previous years though so am a bit worried that she won't have scored high enough for a place. Also worried about the transport options as it would mean getting a bus into Maidstone then out again, on the 155 I assume? Interesting to see that others are doing this and getting on well. What sort of time do they have to set off in the mornings?
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Based on previous years your DD will be fine if she has about 10 to 15 marks over the pass mark. Last year they took right down to the pass mark. The numbers of children in Medway has been falling for the past few years and I don't think they rise again for a couple of years I think.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

Wollywomble I've sent you a PM :)
woollywomble

Post by woollywomble »

Thanks everyone! Can't make the open morning today at RGS today which is annoying. Let us know how you get on!
Jini

Post by Jini »

went to RGS today...wish I hadn't because we really really liked it but we also loved Invicta. We love the multiracial mix of girls at RGS and as we've travelled a bit DD is use to International Schools multicultural dynamics. Saying that Invicta is lovely too and just a ten minutes drive away. It took us less than 20 minutes to RGS in the car which is good but I found out that the bus journey will take about 45 minutes due to the stops through the other villages/town.....DD, Hubby and I cannot make up our minds...DD passed Medway with very high score so we are hoping she will pass Kent because she said Medway test was more or less same as the kent test....Decision!!!!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now