OOC - Admission Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tand

OOC - Admission Query

Post by tand »

Hi,
DS got 121+ and eligible for place however we lived in north east and will move to Buckinghamshire next year. don;t want to disturb his current year..

I have checked below
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and understand that few schools like Aylesbury GS (Boys), Burnham GS, Royal GS etc considered OA (out of area catchments) candidates.

Question - Does it mean that DS can be considere for these schools which considered OA pupils?
Do I need to contact these schools directly?

Please help.

Thanks,
Tand
Sally-Anne

Re: OOC - Admission Query

Post by Sally-Anne »

tand wrote:Question - Does it mean that DS can be considere for these schools which considered OA pupils?
Do I need to contact these schools directly?
You add any schools you wish to apply to onto your CAF in the preferred order. Your home Local Authority will then liaise with Bucks County Council.
mikeash

Post by mikeash »

Some Bucks school do consider OOC candidates but only if catchment area does not provide sufficient numbers. It will somewhat depende on luck if you are far away from school of your choice.
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks Sally-Anne,
I checked few school websites (royal GS and others) and noticed all of them having catchment areas rules.
I can list schools in CAF but in case of oversubscription not sure if we can get chance due to OOC.

Can I know this informaiton in advance or which school has best chance to get place for my DS.
My preference is RGS.
I am not sure whether score matters - although my DS scored score removed by Moderator

Please comment.

Thanks,
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Score doesn't enter into it (hence my edit of your post) provided it is above 121 (or there is a successful review/appeal).

If you go back to the link in your original post, it will give you an indication. Last year RGS allocated to "OA to 9.813 miles", i.e. they allocated beyond catchment (Out of Area) and to that distance.

In previous years the picture has been very variable. I am afraid no one can tell you more at this point in time.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you are living in the North East then the only schools likely to offer a place are those which are historically undersubscribed ie Sir Henry Floyd (Aylesbury) and Chesham Grammar.

Both schools are great ...
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks for advice.
I need to to choose 6 places in CAF but I am not sure whether DS can get place on schools which I fill in CAF. I can;t say any GS from Bucks...I am sure there will be others who are in similar situation like me (OOC people) - infact situation is bit peculiar with us as there is no GS in north east at all...

Can I check with schools / council directly before filling CAF?

Please comment.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

tand - you can put Bucks schools on your LA CAF - you can put ANY 6 schools!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

whereabouts are you planning to live ?

You may as well put the Grammar school nearest down and also ensure that you put down one or more of the schools that G55 has mentioned (Henry Floyd and Chesham - both food schools).

You fill in the schools on the local CAF for to where you live in the NE and they will liase with the Bucks LA
tand

Post by tand »

my preference is to stay in high wycombe...with 1st choice as RGS...will see how it goes..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now