Help needed with 'More 5th Papers' Bond

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
abcdef

Help needed with 'More 5th Papers' Bond

Post by abcdef »

Hi there
I would be extremely grateful if anyone can explain the answer to Paper 1 ques 44 in the 'More 5th papers in NVR' Bond book. I'm afraid after looking at it for some time, I cannot figure out where they get their answer from. ( I have been known to think some answers are 'typos' -until someone gives me an explanation!!)
Anyway, good luck to all.
Thanks
abcdef
very confused

Post by very confused »

When 'making up' the cube, visualise the x on the top of the cube, as you fold it up the triangle will be on the direct opposite face underneath. round the middle will be: clear circle, black circle, clear circle, black square. Hence the 3 circles are attached, forming part of a 'ring' around the cuboid and hence cannot be in the position of 'e' where a circle is either 'on top' or 'bottom' - not a very clear explanation but not sure how else to describe it!
very confused

Post by very confused »

Me again - apologies, as I think my previous answer wasnt very clear. It is 12.45am....... hence I am even more confused! - I have just 'made' the cube and that seems to be the best way of 'seeing' it - I do appreciate that they cant start making cubes in the exam but it does help to see it sometimes.
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

Hi very confused
Thanks for your reply , but the question we are stuck on is a matrices type question. I think the book has only recently come out - 'More 5th Papers in NVR' by Bond.
I liked your explanation of the cube though, my daughter and I hate those aswell!!
very confused

Post by very confused »

We say to our children : 'read the question properly' - I obviously didnt!