Appeals in the Louth area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chester

Appeals in the Louth area

Post by Chester »

Well done to all that got their results this weekend and got through but unfortunately we had disappointing news and are now thinking about putting in an appeal. I have heard that appeals to KEVIGS are rarely successful as they are usually oversubscribed and so I wondered if anyone on here had any experience of them? We are in catchment (just).

I will be spending the morning reading the invaluable advice on the appeal pages on here.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
hermanmunster

Re: Appeals in the Louth area

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Chester

Have you read the info on appeals on here? http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully some more Louth people will be along soon
guest799

Post by guest799 »

Hi sorry to hear your results were disappointing, my children are at Kevigs and they know students who have got in on appeal (in a number of different year groups!) so it is possible. :) If you believe this is the right school for your child then you must give it a go. Sorry I can't be more help with the process it's self. Good luck to you with your appeal.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Hi Chester and really sorry you haven't got the result you all hoped for. Don't be put off by the fact that "appeals rarely succeed at a school", it doesn't mean yours won't, They sometimes do and it could be you. You need to decide first of all if this type of education is right for your child, having two very different DC's there I can see why it isn't right for everyone and secondly if this school is the right school. If yes then you have to do it, or you will always wonder. I cannot help with the non qualification part of your appeal, but many of us in Lincs on here have been through the oversubscription process, which would be your second hurdle at appeal. From what I have seen on here, the non qual part will be your greater challenge, so use this forum to get all the advice you need, it really is fab. Good luck!