BOSTON HIGH SCHOOL RESULTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CONFUSED DAD

BOSTON HIGH SCHOOL RESULTS

Post by CONFUSED DAD »

I spoke to BHS today to try and find out what the position is with the results and their reply was they wasn't sure whether or not they will be posting them on Friday due to the strike. They are however emailing the schools the results (Primary schools will not give any indication how your child has done though)
My question is..... If the parents don,t get to recieve the results until late next week (due to another proposed strike) then that gives us hardly any time to have another look round other schools during working hours to see what they are like, as we have to return our preferences by 24th October (i think).
My daughters school is also closed on Friday so if the BHS decide to send them to the schools we will still not get them until Monday at the earliest.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
11+Newbie

Post by 11+Newbie »

Yes, it's annoying isn't it? Of all the times for there to be a flippin' postal strike!

I called our grammar school (Horncastle) today and they said they are posting the results on Friday but we can phone on Monday if we don't receive them on Saturday. Grrr!

Yet some schools are opening on the Saturday to allow parents to collect the results! Typical that ours is being particularly unhelpful.
Also, I can't see why the Primary schools can't inform the parents how their kids have done.

I know it's only another two days longer to wait, but I WANT TO KNOW ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Had the same answer from Horncastle. Very frustrating, if you child passes then it's a nice opportunity to make a bit of a fuss of them (much more difficult during the week). QEGS also told me that under no circumnstances are Primary Schools allowed to give out results.
11+Newbie

Post by 11+Newbie »

It is very frustrating! I've just rung the school again to see if I could go in and collect the letter myself tomorrow, I was told 'it is not the Head's policy to allow parents to collect the letters'!

I said that that was not particularly helpful and some schools were opening on Saturday and the person I spoke to said she wanted to open, but wasn't allowed! Sounds just typical of the school, from what I've heard!

Can you imagine how busy the phone lines will be on Monday if the letters don't arrive?

Jon, I agree about wanting to make a fuss of them at the weekend; I had it all planned - takeaway on Saturday night, it would be either a Celebration or Commiseration meal!!!

Sounds just typical of the school, from what I've heard!