Travel options - Maidenhead to Beaconsfield High School ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Cantona

Travel options - Maidenhead to Beaconsfield High School ?

Post by Cantona »

Hi All

BHS is not our 1st choice option - but I am investigating what the options are / would be from Maidenhead to Beaconsfield High School?

Is there a Bus Service or existing car sharing opportunity?

Thanks in advance.
guest666

Re: Travel options - Maidenhead to Beaconsfield High School

Post by guest666 »

The buses to BHS pick up a number of places in Burnham and Taplow although whether they are available to OOC pupils would probably be contingent on spare spaces. Parents in those areas would be able to tell you the cost
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think (although I'm prepared to be corrected :)) that it's standard price for years 7-11 now (in the region of £380), but yes, it would depend on availability, as it does for everyone.
scary mum
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

I think BHS was oversubscribed last year so not sure what the chances are getting in from Maidenhead but worth a shot as the situation changes from year to year. My DD is at Becky High and it is a great school.

Regarding buses my DD travels on a coach from the Burnham/Taplow area using Ashwood Travel (details below). It is a private bus and any child can use it whether OCC or not. However it is an eyewatering £6.75 per day...

There is also a small minibus that runs from the Boulters Lock area of Maidenhead. Again this is privately arranged. Not sure of the company who run it but it might be Finlay Travel? Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Ashwood Travel
31 Lower Road
Chalfont St Peter
Bucks  SL9 9AL

Tel: 01753 899222
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now