Distraction in exam at Crypt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rainbowhippy

Distraction in exam at Crypt

Post by Rainbowhippy »

My ds took sat the 11 plus at Crypt this year. Three times during the exam another boys alarm went off on his watch - the watch was only taken off this child after the third time - my ds was distracted by this and as he was only 2 points under this seems unfair and this distraction could of cost him points. :(
StJamesDad

Re: Distraction in exam at Crypt

Post by StJamesDad »

It would be unfair if someone else's inconsiderate behaviour caused your DS to lose points, but at the end of the day thats life (life's not fair).

One of the things I said to DD2 was to not be distracted by anyone or anything (be it accidental or on purpose) that occurred during the test.
I felt (feel) that being focused and getting the job done despite of surroundings is all part of the test.

I hope your DS gets the place he deserves :wink:
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

The incident should be noted in the invigilators log. If you decide to go to appeal, this log would normally be available to the appeals panel.
Pinkoddy

Post by Pinkoddy »

Rainbowhippy wrote:My ds took sat the 11 plus at Crypt this year. Three times during the exam another boys alarm went off on his watch - the watch was only taken off this child after the third time - my ds was distracted by this and as he was only 2 points under this seems unfair and this distraction could of cost him points. :(
I would ring the Crypt and mention it now before the appeal and see what they say. Best of luck.