12+, 13+

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

12+, 13+

Post by Guest »

Anyone know anything about this please? We live in Kent and as my son has failed am considering that this might be an option.

Re: 12+, 13+

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Anyone know anything about this please? We live in Kent and as my son has failed am considering that this might be an option.

my daughter missed out on the 11 plus pass mark by just 4 marks as she didnt answer several of the vr questions and ran out of time due to thinking hard over the answers she gave. i have been advised to encurage her to sit the 12 plus in september when she starts secondary school. however, the results from this will not be in until march 2007 which does not help our children now does it? they would already be settled in their new school by then so i dont actually see the point myself

Post by Guest »

I do agree with you particularly about the settling in. However, I guess it depends on how good/bad you feel the non grammar school that you have been offered is. The one we've been offered has only a 24% pass rate for 5 GCSEs. I hadn't realised that the 12+ is sat in September (so soon!) - I wonder if this also applies to my county, Kent.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
HP

12+ Prep

Post by HP »

Hi to 12+ candidates,,

Just wanted to say Good Luck with your prep if you're heading for the 12 + exams. Please keep us in touch with your progress so we will be on-hand to send Good Luck messages and offer well earned Congratulations at the right time :D

HP
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Does anyone (Patricia?) know when the 12+ will be held in Bucks for September 2007 entry? I was under the impression that it was April 2007, with results posted within a couple of weeks and appeals the following month.

Thanks
Sally-Anne
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Sally-Anne,

Have you checked out the Bucks CC website? Try a search on their site for 12+ information.

HP
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Sally-Anne

Yes, testing normally takes place sometime in April, results up to 6 weeks.

Have you seen the current booklet?

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get//assets/docs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... cedure.pdf

Patricia
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Original Guest

Firstly, does Kent operate a 12plus system, its not open to all areas.

Bucks definitely give children a second chance, some areas will only allow children the chance to try 12 plus etc if they didn't partake in the 11 plus.

Your first port of call is Kent County Council.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Thanks Patricia - I have heard that they do but I will contact Kent CC.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thanks Patricia

The booklet makes for very interesting reading. Out of curiosity, do you have experience of children gaining admittance to grammar schools under the following clause?

" ...exceptional reasons, supported in writing by a relevant
professional, why your child should move school immediately."

For example, what if a child had just missed the 11+, the appeal failed but then got absolutely top class SATS, top class school exam results in Year 6 and there was an Ed Psych report to show huge potential? Would that be grounds for an immediate re-test?

I don't think for one moment that our son would be that child, but I would just be very interested in knowing what sort of cases the clause covers.

Thanks
Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now