Admissions test kings/st Edward's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Thegodfather

Admissions test kings/st Edward's

Post by Thegodfather »

Hi, today has not been good news for my niece. We are now looking at private options. Can anybody tell me anything about the test for Kings (February) or st Edward's (November). She is a bright girl who was underprepared for the grammar school test (did not have tutor) and suffered with nerves. She is a high flyer at her local state primary.

Please help!
DC17C

Re: Admissions test kings/st Edward's

Post by DC17C »

Hi I have sent a pm DC
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Hi, we had considered Kings as a back up option and my DD may still sit the test. I just wanted to Let you know that the academic scholarship exam for Kings is in November, not Feb. And that they are having an open day on 20th Oct. I was considering going to it and registering my DD for the test (if she still wants to) there and then but it would be worth checking that's not too late. I don't know any details of the exam but would be interested to find out too.

Would it be worth appealing to your nieces chosen school? If she has good CAT scores and good SATSpredictions it might be worth a go - there is lots of advice on this forum.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Have pm'd you :D
Thegodfather

Post by Thegodfather »

Thanks for that! She is way off the qualifying score. She only did two practice papers. And I think it was the fact that she was too slow and didn't even attempt lots of questions. Is that grounds to appeal?!

She is planning on going to the open day for Kings and is going to arrange a tour of st Edwards because the open day has already passed.

A test based on English/maths is what she needs!
Cheltfan

Post by Cheltfan »

Thegodfather wrote:Thanks for that! She is way off the qualifying score. She only did two practice papers. And I think it was the fact that she was too slow and didn't even attempt lots of questions. Is that grounds to appeal?!

She is planning on going to the open day for Kings and is going to arrange a tour of st Edwards because the open day has already passed.

A test based on English/maths is what she needs!
Might pay to look at this http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... ication#b4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KingsSchoolGlos

Post by KingsSchoolGlos »

Dear all,

We received an enquiry due to these posts. Just to clarify our Open Day is this Saturday (19th October), 10.00am-12noon.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now