11 plus results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Charlie100

11 plus results

Post by Charlie100 »

Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows the date that we will receive the 11 plus results. On the wirral LEA it says results by 21st October. Do this mean we will receive the email on 21st too? First time for us and now it's a waiting game. Would be interested in hearing what your children thought of the papers last week. My son thought 2nd paper was easier than the 1st but who knows!
RiverDee

Re: 11 plus results

Post by RiverDee »

I emailed the admissions hot desk to find out and request DS's results by email as we are going away on Sat 19th for half term. The reply says they will be emailed out on Monday 21st between 9am-5pm.
From what I can gather from other parents, results in the holidays means DC aren't arriving at school on the Friday upset and have the holidays to recover! Whilst I understand this they could be emailed Friday afternoon- so frustrating! :(
firsttimer

Post by firsttimer »

We have had an automated email from the hot desk today saying results will be emailed between 9 and 5pm on the 21st October and they cannot be sent prior to this. Last year the people who opted for email notification received their results on the Friday (day before half term) but this doesn't seem the case this year. We are going to have to do our preferences by email as we are also away from the Friday until the 5th November so hoping we can pick up Wi-Fi whilst away. Son's first choice is St Anselms but think they send a letter out so keeping fingers crossed that that arrives by next Thursday as we won't get an email with those results and will have to get someone to come to the house and open the letter if not. Good luck everyone!
RiverDee

Post by RiverDee »

Just seems so unfair to keep us waiting over the weekend. Especially when people are likely to be going away!
Bubblesboo

Post by Bubblesboo »

So, if expecting to receive results by post, will they be posted out on 21st? Or is this the date that we would expect to receive the results by post?
nelly

Post by nelly »

Does anybody know if the same e-mail was sent out last year advising that the email would be sent on Monday, yet they still sent the results on the Friday? Just wondering if they sent the automated e-mail to stop being pestered!
Q
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

No, we were emailed to say the results would be on the Fri , having said that mine did not turn up and as I was travelling I had to wait till Monday anyway . I emailed them and got a reply fairly quickly. At least you will be able to make contact if a mistake is made. It was not nice waiting for someone to contact
Good luck everyone

Debs
nelly

Post by nelly »

Thanks Debs. Looks like a long weekend then!

Neil
ajpenn

Post by ajpenn »

Just to confirm - I’ve just spoken to the admissions team at Wirral and they said it’s Monday via email or post.