Disappointed or Confused?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UmSusu

Disappointed or Confused?

Post by UmSusu »

Despite the well-deserved hype for all those whose DCs have done well on here, I am sure there are many more of you out there who are either disappointed or confused at the results they have received. Some very high scores have been posted on here and it might make you feel even worse, but I just wanted to assure you that those very high scores are few and far between: I would suggest any score around the 200 mark or above from a self-selected, above-average group really deserves a big well-done - even if it is not enough to get an actual place.

To those of you who were positive that your DCs would do well and know that your child is very academic: please don't be disheartened. You still have the same bright child with everything in life to work towards and don't let a one-off test sat at such a tender age let you doubt them, or worse, let them doubt themselves. The test is not perfect: there are always perfect catches that manage to slip through the net.

Grammar schools are just one mode of transport to reach their destination - with your help and support they will make the most of alternative modes of transport and you never know: the alternative might be a better experience for them overall.

Of course, you might decide that you will go in all-guns-blazing for the Indies. Some children do better at those exams where they can show off what they know without the extreme time pressure that just doesn't suit all children.

To those of you who were not sure that your child was suitable but you wanted to give it all you had with the knowledge that the work you put in could never be considered a waste: you have achieved that and well done for the perseverance to sit the exam.

What I am trying to saying with this curious range of metaphors is that today is not the be all of things. Everything will look better in a few days :evil:
UmSusu
crazy mum

Re: Disappointed or Confused?

Post by crazy mum »

Thank you for thinking about all the parents who never had a good news today. Giving us a hope and look forward to the future..my ds got 204. Very disappointing for us..once again thanks for been there.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

I wish there was a like button
sisi25

Post by sisi25 »

Thank you for your kind words. Our DD got a score of 201 and to say that I was a bit disappointed is an understatement! It felt horrible breaking the news to her but I reassured her that I was very proud of her and that she had done very well to achieve that score. Guess it's time to look at our local comps!
Hearts4

Post by Hearts4 »

I also wish there was a like button, thank you for thinking of families like us. Our DD scored 209, which she should be proud of - having never sat a test such as this and without having ever had any tutoring. She was very apprehensive on the day of the test and I'm sure she could have scored more if she hadn't been so nervous. Our pride in her effort and attitude to this stressful and nerve wracking process over shadows any disappointment felt :D
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

Lovely, kind, supportive words UmSusu!!! :D
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

:D
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Thank you for the kind thought and words of encouragement Umsusu.

Hard work and perseverance always produces positive results in the long term (Insha Allah), although, as you say in your post, the route to achieving that goal may not be the same for everyone. :)
Rukuriro

Post by Rukuriro »

Thank you for your very kind words Umsusu. You couldn't have said it better. Some of us now have to go back to the drawing board and re-think our school choices. Aluta Continua....the struggle continues :( :( :(
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

That is such a lovely message UmSusu...I think you've touched everyone's ones hearts by those very thoughtful words!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now