OOC - Admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tand

OOC - Admission

Post by tand »

Hi,
DS got 248. we are based at north east (newcastle) and planning to move to b'ham next session i.e. in Jul 14. which b'ham school DS can get in...

Please comment.

Thanks
tand
UmSusu

Re: OOC - Admission

Post by UmSusu »

Hi, based on that score you can take your pick!

There isn't a distance criteria as far as I know, so choose the one you like
UmSusu
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks for response. where i can find details about all b'ham schools / ranking etc..any pointers please.
In addition to this, as I mentioned earlier, I am not moving to b'ham before 1st of mar'14..
is this a problem?
KenR

Post by KenR »

you need to talk to the head about a deferred entry - shouldn't be a problem
sky111

Post by sky111 »

Is this thread for real?
DC sat an entrance exam and not know where to find details about b'ham schools? :roll: :roll: :roll:
tand

Post by tand »

sky111,
thanks for response and appreciated your comments..
it's real thread.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

sky111 wrote:Is this thread for real?
DC sat an entrance exam and not know where to find details about b'ham schools? :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol:
Why find out for yourself when you can get the nice people on here to do it all for you? :roll:
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Re thread for real comments, glad someone else playing "bad cop" as I seem to have gotten myself into trouble in the past for sarcasm/offence caused :roll: :lol: As helpful as people are on here, I would always investigate schools for my precious DC myself, rather than going into it "blind" and relying on thoughts of others, without even visiting.

Anyway, KenR, why would a deferred entry be needed, out of interest? If the child sat the exam, which is for entry in Sep 2014, and the family are moving here before Sep, then surely they don't need to speak to the school as any entry isn't deferred? Sorry if I have misunderstood, just came into this thread to ask!
KenR

Post by KenR »

sorry - miss read the post - thought the move was before the 1st March in year-7
tand

Post by tand »

KenR / mosleymum,
I will explore schools details today..aim for KE Aston but not sure whether he can get in..
question again on movement - i will move jul next year (i.e. once current year finish), is this issue to get in for KE? i have yet to explore subscription criteria..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now