Newstead Wood from Bexleyheath

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
catherineborneo

Newstead Wood from Bexleyheath

Post by catherineborneo »

My DD has been offered a place at Newstead Wood which is fantastic but now I am trying to organise the logistics of getting her there and back from Bexleyheath. Are there any other girls from the area going to this school? Please make yourself known as I am panicking!! Thank you x
Growingtofast

Re: Newstead Wood from Bexleyheath

Post by Growingtofast »

I find it hard to understand why you wouldn't have taken the school journey into consideration when you applied for the school. Congratulations to your daughter for being offered a place at Newstead Wood it is a fantastic school. There is a bus that goes to Bexleyheath from Orpington town centre but I'm afraid I don't know the number however if you go on the TFL website I'm sure you can find out. Good luck with your dilemma.
lefol

Post by lefol »

Hi

There is a coach company, called Lewis Travel. They take students from bexleyheath and other areas to St Olaves and Newstead. You can search them using lewis travel or lewis school travel on this forum. I found it on the site when I was considering Bromley schools last year. Good luck
catherineborneo

Post by catherineborneo »

Thank you for your replies. Eventually we will move but for the time
being will have to do the Bexleyheath / Orpington journey. I can take DD there in the morning by car; it's just the coming home that's an issue. I spoke to Lewis Travel and they said to me that they do not come out to my neck of the woods; they do the Blackheath, Croydon, Penge route.

In an ideal world, I'd like to find her a travelling companion. X
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

From Bexleyheath the children tend to get a bus or train to Welling, then the 51 bus.
yoyo's dad

Post by yoyo's dad »

catherineborneo wrote:Thank you for your replies. Eventually we will move but for the time
being will have to do the Bexleyheath / Orpington journey. I can take DD there in the morning by car; it's just the coming home that's an issue. I spoke to Lewis Travel and they said to me that they do not come out to my neck of the woods; they do the Blackheath, Croydon, Penge route.

I DD also got a place in NW, we live in Bexleyheath, maybe they can go to school togather.
Thankful Mum

Post by Thankful Mum »

yoyo's dad wrote:
catherineborneo wrote:Thank you for your replies. Eventually we will move but for the time

I DD also got a place in NW, we live in Bexleyheath, maybe they can go to school togather.
Hi

I am equally interested in finding a travel companion for my DD to travel to NW from September 2012. We live further away in Thamesmead but drive daily to Eltham for schoool run so happy to arange something. Lewis Travel don't come out to my end. Can we arrange something?
tansou

Post by tansou »

Catherineborneo, yoyo's dad,
Our DD has passed the NW test this year and it is her top preference. We are now worried about her travel to school. We are in Welling. Just wondering what did you do in the end if you have any suggestions for us in terms of arranging transport?

thanks.
Vids

Post by Vids »

Bus B14 comes all the way from bexleyhealth shopping centre to orpington bus station. I am not sure of the journey time.
mum2003

Post by mum2003 »

we are from Bexleyheath as well and our first choice for DD will be Newstead wood. DS is at St'O and travel by bus 51 from welling. May be we could arrange something if many girls from Bexleyheath starting in Sept 2014.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now