Dr Challoner's Grammar School Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
upl0ad

Dr Challoner's Grammar School Query

Post by upl0ad »

Hi,
I have received letter for my son's buck score. I think he did well.
We are inside M25 near to rickmansworth. We are targeting Dr Challoner's Grammar School, Amersham due to tube proximity. I can see it's 9.5 miles away thru google maps but not sure how many in straight line from school.

2 questions
1. Are these scores out of 199 or 141? I am bit confused.
2. How many miles further did they go to admit a pupil in recent years.

Many Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Dr Challoner's Grammar School Query

Post by hermanmunster »

last year was 5.6 miles

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you're quite unlikely to get into DCGS at that distance, sorry.

Although you're right that it's an easy tube journey, unfortunately as Herman's figures show only in 1 of the past 7 years would your son have got a place.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

As Rob says, I'm afraid it is extremely unlikely that he will get a place at DCGS. The school cannot even accommodate all catchment children in a normal year.

The extended distance 2 years ago was caused by a change in the rules on address evidence that prevented people moving to the area in the hope of gaining a place.
upl0ad wrote:1. Are these scores out of 199 or 141? I am bit confused.
The score is out of 199, but score is not relevant. Bucks has a fixed qualifying mark of 121, and any child over that mark is eligible to apply for a grammar school place.

If you look at your tube map again, Chesham Grammar is a viable option. A lot of children make that journey from NW London each day.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now