Santa

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fatnorville

Santa

Post by Fatnorville »

Touchy subject, but (almost) a seasonal one.

Do your DC's still believe in Santa? If not at what age did they stop believing?

For the record, my DS "believes" because I suspect that he worries that not believing is a worse scenario, but doesn't fully know what that scenario is or means.

My DD (aged 6) is LIKE WHATEVER.
Okanagan

Re: Santa

Post by Okanagan »

ds1 (12) doesn't - but won't quite admit it in case the presents dry up! He does keep dropping hints to his 6 year old brother who does believe it though, which I wish he wouldn't.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Okanagan wrote:ds1 (12) doesn't - but won't quite admit it in case the presents dry up!
DS is the same, Okanagan. :wink:
DD (8) is still a complete believer, bless her :).
And, I'll add, so am I - who else brings my presents???

JD

Edited because of too much gin!
Last edited by JamesDean on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

But there ain't no Sanity Clause....... :wink:
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Okanagan wrote:ds1 (12) doesn't - but won't quite admit it in case the presents dry up! He does keep dropping hints to his 6 year old brother who does believe it though, which I wish he wouldn't.

Same with my DS!!! He knows but won't admit it in case the presents stop. :lol: I knew he had stopped believing when just before his 9th birthday he said something on the lines of 'why would we let strangers enter the house at night what if someone bad managed to get in the same way?' :roll:
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

My older two knew really early on, because when dd2 was 4 she got quite hysterical late on Christmas Eve about this strange man coming in. And I just said, honestly, it's a story. (Some of my friends were really upset with me for that.) So then they played along with it after that, and by the time ds was 9 he still believed, which tbh I was beginning to find rather odd. He was (is) a rather literal child, and if people said Father Christmas existed, then clearly he did. 7 yo dd3 was highly sceptical by this point, which I was far more comfortable with!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Personally i believe firmly in Father Christmas, as he encourages all us hard done by adults to over eat and drink to celebrate the birth of Christ, he perpetuates his existence by insisting I drink baileys and mulled wine in the same evening, and then wandering around my mind as i sleep...he does it every year, so he must exist!

The children however all believe in an updated version of Saint Nicholas, who acts as a re-distribution co-ordinator for all presents given on Christmas day, he has an army of helpers, is very internet savvy, and merely uses his sleigh to travel (in a time bubble) between depots, or to visit problem sites, (poor access) or exceptional children, who get one extra anonymous gift?

There was nooooo way i was going to give up the good behaviour power of Saint NIck, as the kids got more savvy I just had to up my game, The 13 year old is now swinging over to the Father Christmas side, but Ihave to say he is getting better than us dp at inventing new scenarios for his brothers to keep believing.

Also make sure you log onto google earth on Christmas eve, to track Santa clause (an American cousin who Saint Nicholas uses as his number one right hand man) across the world.

Anyway, we have All Hallows, All Saints, and Guy Fawkes night yet to get us through the despair of the clock change and dark nights. I wish there was something in early February, such a long stretch to Easter, which is my personal favourite: chocolate, bright cheerful flowers, cakes, fluffy bunnies, chicks, a two week holiday, and spring leading to summer....lovely!
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Southbooks3 You've forgotten St. Valentine's Day in February!!! :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

And not forgetting the tooth fairy who visits randomly brought the year, depending on when teeth fall out.

The dentist pulled put DDs last baby tooth is week, I have no idea where she put it, but she hasn't asked for money. She is 11 though.
Dande

Post by Dande »

southbucks3 wrote:Also make sure you log onto google earth on Christmas eve, to track Santa clause (an American cousin who Saint Nicholas uses as his number one right hand man) across the world.
What's this about Google Earth????
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now