Selective Schools - OOC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tand

Selective Schools - OOC

Post by tand »

Hi,

DS got assessed for kent GS. waiting for score to establish which GS, he can get in.
understand that Judd and Skinner are selective and admission based on score only.
Is there any other GS in kent which is selective (i.e. score based only)...

We are based at newcastle...please advice.

thanks.
tand
twinkles

Re: Selective Schools - OOC

Post by twinkles »

I'm sure someone with more knowledge of West Kent will be along to confirm this soon and but in the meantime I think Judd take on score no matter where you live and Skinners is score and distance.

Have you looked at *****
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks Twinkles,
search in progress, i thought that finding will be easy - if somebody already explored it then it will really helpful (not reinventing the wheel) .
going through 175 page (kent admission process)...any way need to wait till score arrive
so we can establish his realistic chances...
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

I've pm'd you.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Skinners is score only too. You need to look at the admissions criteria on the websites for each school. Are you relocating in which case if you let us know where you are looking at I'm sure somebody will pop up and let you know which schools may be relevant to you. Kent is an odd county as things do vary depending on where you are.
tand

Post by tand »

thanks doodles,
will relocate next year only (after jul'14).
am open to move where DS can get entry in GS so don;t want to put restrictions at this point of time...
am not sure if my move will create any issue at the time of filling of CAF / offer day (01/03/14).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Tand, when you fill in the CAF in Newcastle, you will only have a limited number of options (not sure how many it is for that area) - you will be offered a place at the first school on the list who can offer you a place. There won't be offers from Birmingham, Kent and Bucks.

Best to decide soon which area you want and concentrate on that.
tand

Post by tand »

there is no GS in Northeast which prompted us for move.
I understand that I need to fill CAF in local LA only but it I can mention GS from other county as well.
Hence I am exploring what is best chance for DS to get GS especially in Kent area....
doodles

Post by doodles »

It would be worth looking at the websites for the individual schools and seeing what their usual "take" score is (taking into account that this can go up and down) and comparing it to your ds's score. Then look at their other admissions criteria such as distance etc. However, all schools are very different so I would be wary about applying blind without even making contact with them.
mystery

Post by mystery »

You need to read their approved admissions policies for the year of entry concerned - look at skinners and judd.

There are no shortcuts to doing the research properly yourself. Even staff in the education department and at the schools concerned get this stuff wrong quite often.