Maths

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sunny

Maths

Post by sunny »

Hi all, I have posted the same message om the maths forum but have had no response so hoping someone on this kent site will be able to help. Just wondered what are the best starting off books for my Year 5 child whose weakest subject is maths? I am really interested in tutoring myself and feel now is the time to get started!
Many thanks

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure if they're the best but I used the series of 6 AE books. We found them very clear. They go to 13+ (common entrance) as well as 11+ level so you might want to miss out the harder excercises if your child isn't too good at maths. WH Smith stock them so you could have a flick through them in the shop and see what you think.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

try looking on teh bbc , they have excellent games and activities,
cgp also have some good material.

I would suggest that you soeak to her teacher, ask where her difficulties lie and then target those.

You can find out what she should be covering, either by asking teh school or by looking on teh (used to be called)DFES website.

I would suggest supplementingn teh work she is doing by fionding games and activities on teh net.

Investigations are brilliant, it makes a change from pages pf sums and actually really tests their grasp of teh maths behind it.

THERE ARE LOADS OF WEBSITES,GET GOOGLING!!