Wallington versus coombe girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
capries

Wallington versus coombe girls

Post by capries »

Hi all,

As we are in kingston so I am wondering how many parents prefer wallington over coombe girls school.

As CGS is outstanding and local but then wallington is grammar but very far. So commuting everyday for 5 years should come into account.

So wondering Abt ppl preferring coombe girls over wallington if given a place at wallington.

Thanks.
2outof3

Re: Wallington versus coombe girls

Post by 2outof3 »

capries I really think you have to think long and hard about the commute from Kingston to Wally Girls - it is possible but would involve a really early start. Depending on where in Kingston you are you could use X26 bus and then change (possibly at Worcester Park) for the 627 which is the dedicated Wally girls bus. However your dd would have to get X26 at 7am and the 627 is notoriously unreliable.

I think there is someone on the forum who lives in Norbiton and goes to Wally Girls so they may post. Coombe girls is going through a purple patch at the moment and the girls in the top streams do very well. You have a tough decision to make :?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

FWIW... we live in North Kingston and have eliminated Wallington High as we feel it's just too hard to get to.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
capries

Post by capries »

It is yes difficult decision.
As I know someone who lives close but her dd goes to wally instead of walking distance to CGS.
modernista

Post by modernista »

Do a weekday (not halfterm) commute and ask yourself if DD can do this every day- bearing in mind you might have to allow some time for traffic (if taking bus) or cancellations (train). We did it and decided against the further school.