Brentwood based girls heading for CCHS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
teaandtoast

Brentwood based girls heading for CCHS?

Post by teaandtoast »

Hello, given how many viewers these threads have compared to the number of actual posts, I wondered if there is anyone looking on here that has a daughter based in Brentwood and thinks she may have a good chance of getting a CCHS offer in March.
Souljacker

Re: Brentwood based girls heading for CCHS?

Post by Souljacker »

Hello there. Yes, have put CCHS as first choice an will be travelling from Brentwood. Are you looking at possible travel arrangements if successful?
teaandtoast

Post by teaandtoast »

Yes and to chat with others in same situation. It is tricky not knowing where we'll be heading but thinking we might well get an offer from CCHS. Is our first choice and would like to chat with others in same boat. We live near the high st so I think she could just get the train perhaps. Would be handy to team up for unusual time drop offs and pick up say for clubs etc.
teaandtoast

Post by teaandtoast »

Oh and she got 119.33. Is that safe to assume as in catchment likely to get an offer or still borderline would you guess? Don't want to bee too confident but silly to make fuss if all probability says we will get an offer.
Souljacker

Post by Souljacker »

Agreed but March seems a long way off at the moment. Really hoping we get CCHS but wouldn't want to jinx it. Maybe find out a bit more on at open afternoon.
teaandtoast

Post by teaandtoast »

I think I may go to the info afternoon for another chance to see the school and to chat with other parents. I don't think they will be giving anything away though! I got this email from them:

Thank you for your email.
We are not able to provide additional information about the scores or be able to indicate if a place will be offered in March 2014.
We will be able to provide guidance on completing the Common Application Form (CAF) to the Local Authority. There will not be any additional information on our website.
Regards
ICParent

Post by ICParent »

Shenfield based with ascore of 115.79. Hopefully enough but not sure, Shenfield to Chelmsford seems best bet for us.

Good luck
ruchikaag

Post by ruchikaag »

Souljacker wrote:Hello there. Yes, have put CCHS as first choice an will be travelling from Brentwood. Are you looking at possible travel arrangements if successful?

Hello my DD will be also travelling to CCHS from Brentwood. Are you looking for travel arrangements..What are the options pls...Thanks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now