Transport between Whiteshill/Stroud and Ribston Hall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
annap

Transport between Whiteshill/Stroud and Ribston Hall

Post by annap »

We live in Whiteshill in Stroud and would like to add Ribston to our preferences, but I can't find a bus route that would work for my daughter. The Stagecoach 93 bus would get her to school 4 minutes before registration and leaves 3 minutes before the end of school! Does anyone know of any route that I've missed or a minibus service? Thanks
DC17C

Re: Transport between Whiteshill/Stroud and Ribston Hall

Post by DC17C »

Hi stupid question but are there not earlier and later buses on the 93 timetable? There are girls arriving from 8 am and some hang around to go the homework club until 4.30. My DD travels to Ribston from Hucclecote and leaves the house at 7.25 ish to catch a bus. She likes being at school early.

My DS is at Crypt and also likes arriving quite early to school. To begin with he was complaining the buses were all full on leaving school. I advised him to get out of school a bit slower let all the lads going to Cheltenham get the earlier buses and get a later bus - then he gets a seat all the way home.
annap

Post by annap »

Hi, yes there are earlier/later buses but only every hour. It seems crazy to be catching a bus before 7.30am for an 8.40 start - you're lucky your DD likes to be at school early, I don't think mine would feel the same. Likewise hanging around for an extra hour after school every day for the next 5-7 years! All we want is a realistic option for our family and spending two hours a day just waiting around just won't work for us.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

annap, have you tried looking on the St. Peters School website? Someone told me once that some girls from Stroud get the St. Peters bus and walk the rest of the way to Ribston. They might list other bus services as well.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

annap wrote:Hi, yes there are earlier/later buses but only every hour. It seems crazy to be catching a bus before 7.30am for an 8.40 start - you're lucky your DD likes to be at school early, I don't think mine would feel the same. Likewise hanging around for an extra hour after school every day for the next 5-7 years! All we want is a realistic option for our family and spending two hours a day just waiting around just won't work for us.

I never would have believed my 2 would be up and out so early- I used to have to drag dd out of her room at 8.am- now they are up and out quite happily at 7.25 :shock: I think lot must be up and out early to be travelling from Cheltenham or Forest of Dean.
annap

Post by annap »

Thanks both, you've given me food for thought. I had wondered about walking to and from a St Peter's bus, but maybe not until she's a bit older.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now