120 places increased in camphill boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Prithvik

120 places increased in camphill boys

Post by Prithvik »

Just spoke to CHB, looks like there's an increase to 120 from 93 places for Sep 2014! Will be updated today in their website. So, cut off will be similar to CHG???
UmSusu

Re: 120 places increased in camphill boys

Post by UmSusu »

That's great news! It should bring the cut-off down but probably only about 2 points

Thanks for the quick update :D
UmSusu
KenR

Post by KenR »

Are you sure this isn't just the number of offers made rather than an increase in the PAN?

KECHB normally make about 120 offers to allow for rejections

Have they confirmed they are going for a 4 form entry in year-7? No mention in the Foundation Governors report which I find strange
um

Post by um »

My boys at CHB are convinced they are.

CHG confirmed to me on the phone that they are taking an additional class. It would be odd for CHB (being smaller already) not to do the same.

This move would mean 4 classes of 30 rather than the (slightly odd) 3 classes of 31.
um

Post by um »

As I think I've mentioned before, I think they needed to do this before Labour come back to power and possibly limit their freedom to expand in future.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

um wrote:As I think I've mentioned before, I think they needed to do this before Labour come back to power and possibly limit their freedom to expand in future.
Well it would be the first time the Tories have done anything that is actually beneficial to the education of our children :lol:

Or maybe the governors and Heads were worried about Bob1892's planned campaign and decided to give up now :D

Either way, good news. Good for those worried about CHG cut-offs too ~ maybe they can relax a little now, um :?:
UmSusu
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Good news for DS's on borderline . yes will probably go down a couple of points
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

I personally think the points at chb will go down to at least 9-10 points in line with chg's last year cut-off. Might just check with the foundation office :lol:
Prithvik

Post by Prithvik »

Bob1892 wrote:I personally think the points at chb will go down to at least 9-10 points in line with chg's last year cut-off. Might just check with the foundation office :lol:
You are a star:-)
Prithvik

Post by Prithvik »

Prithvik wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:I personally think the points at chb will go down to at least 9-10 points in line with chg's last year cut-off. Might just check with the foundation office :lol:
You are a star:-)
My ds needs 8 points:-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now