1st choice/2nd choice system

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gwennie

1st choice/2nd choice system

Post by Gwennie »

My son has come 259 overall, 141 boy in south. I think he'd get into AGS but he would like to have a punt at Kes. If we put kes 1st, and Ags 2nd, and he didn't get Kes, would Ags still consider him? I don't want to gamble with his place. How does it work? Apols if this is a daft question.
hermanmunster

Re: 1st choice/2nd choice system

Post by hermanmunster »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Gwennie

have a look at the link above - if you do not get your first choice then your second choice becomes your first
Gwennie

Post by Gwennie »

Thank you, that's so helpful. Really appreciate it.
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

Can anyone tell me if there are only 3 allowable choices for schools in the Coventry CC application form? I have gone online and it has stopped me at three.
I was going to put in three grammar schools for first three choices and state schools thereafter.

I am a bit perplexed as some people have said that they had 6 choices last year. Has it changed this year then? Or do different authorities give different number of choices????

PLEASE HELP !
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Yes it does vary from area to area - from about 3 to 7. The Coventry form does seem to only have 3 choices.
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Okanagan wrote:Yes it does vary from area to area - from about 3 to 7. The Coventry form does seem to only have 3 choices.

Thanks Okanagan. Do you think it is risky to put all three choices as grammar if DD is borderline?
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Yes. If you don't put one you're sure you'll get down you risk being left with no place. If that happens everyone else's preferences will be filled, and then you'd get offered a place at the nearest school which happens to have spare places - which might well not be one you'd choose, and could be some distance from you.
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Okanagan wrote:Yes. If you don't put one you're sure you'll get down you risk being left with no place. If that happens everyone else's preferences will be filled, and then you'd get offered a place at the nearest school which happens to have spare places - which might well not be one you'd choose, and could be some distance from you.
Thank you!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now