CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Defra

CAF

Post by Defra »

Hi all

Anyone know when we will be able to get the CAF Form from LBR website - and deadline?

Thanks.
ToadMum

Re: CAF

Post by ToadMum »

National deadline is October 31st! Cannot believe your CAF is not available yet :) Southend CAF opened at the beginning of last month.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Online Pan-London CAF/ Admissions Portal has been open for over a month: http://www2.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/childr ... sions.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you don't want to apply online you have to request a paper CAF from Redbridge Admissions.
Defra

Post by Defra »

Thanks!

Do most people wait for results next week before submitting?
cello

Post by cello »

I am waiting for result before applying. That is the thinking behind the changes that have been made. Parents know whether to bother or not before the deadline of 31 October.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The majority of parents in opt-in areas won't have any need to wait for results as their DC won't have taken any tests for selective schools (whether that means that they get on and choose their however many non-selective schools, or leave their application to the last minute anyway, is another matter :roll: ).

Most of those whose DC have taken selection tests will probably wait for results, although if they are intending to appeal anyway if they don't get a place, they may just submit the application with their choice of selective school(s) at the top of the list without waiting to see whether their DC is actually eligible. The change in the legislation last year doesn't actually stop one carrying on as if one still had to "apply and hope", I suppose...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Defra

Post by Defra »

Thanks for this.

It says on the Form that we should list all the schools we intend to apply for - we haven't decided whether to go for the privates / independents - anyone know why we are requested to list them too and whether it matters if we don't bother listing them?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The CAF is solely for state schools (including Free schools - although applications for places at these may be outside the system for their first year of intake). You apply to indies separately and individually. Application and acceptance fees are usually involved here.
Tabassum101

Post by Tabassum101 »

Hi,

I have got three CAF related queries, most probably stupid ones, but I need to get them clear in my mind before we apply.

1) Can someone please confirm if we have to provide 3 proof of residence again with the CAF application. We did it once before when applying for the 11+ grammer school test for ICHS

2) My DS sat the 11+ exam on 02/09/13. Does this mean I don't have to fill in any SIF for ICHS?

3) The CAF requires me to list any independent school my DS will possibly sit the exam for. The guidance documents says that this will not affect our application in any way, but will help them (Redbridge Council) in their allocation process. What does 'helping them (Redbridge Council) in their allocation process' mean here?

My DS's first choice is ICHS and very fortunately, he has got a place as well, but he will sit some Indie exams because we registered for them earlier and he wants to see how he does.

Does it matter if we don't list the Indies or if we do, will it affect our first choice (ICHS) in the CAF in any way?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Tabassum.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I am sure that whether or not you put any or all of the independent schools your child may or may not sit for cannot legally affect how Redbridge deals with your state school preferences. I must admit I have never come across a Local Authority asking this. I usually advocate a 'tell the truth and shame the Devil' approach but even I would be tempted along the 'sin of omission' path here :lol: