AGGS - Proof of address

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

workerbee

AGGS - Proof of address

Post by workerbee »

We don't have any issues - My daughter has lived at out address all her life but can't remember her getting post!! What is exactly required...what documents do they require.
me boo

Re: AGGS - Proof of address

Post by me boo »

I can't speak specifically for AGGS, tho do recall there being a debate earlier this year after March allocation so have a sift through the posts at that time.

However, for us at another Traff school we had to provide proof of our (ie parent's) address. I seem to recall AGGS wanted something like a child benefit letter, tho with the changes not everyone will have one. I think I sent a Utility bill
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

They need something with your child's name and address on it. If you don't have a recent child benefits letter, then a copy of your child's NHS medical card will do. You can easily obtain one if you give the NHS a call. I can't remember who I rang but I'm sure you can google it. It only took a week to arrive. If you act now you'll have it in plenty of time.

I sent the medical record card and the last letter I ever got from Child Benefit agency was
dated 2009. I sent a copy of that too. I suppose it proves we've lived at our address for some years. It was never queried.

They also wanted a council tax bill and utility bill if I remember correctly.

And a stool sample.........just kidding!!,
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

If I remember correctly at AGGS we had to send in a copy of my DD's Passport, her NHS card and a letter from her Doctor.
gracec

Post by gracec »

I would imagine a letter from school would be sufficient with her nhs medical card. My daughter has not been to the doctor since we moved here September last year.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

gracec wrote:I would imagine a letter from school would be sufficient with her nhs medical card. My daughter has not been to the doctor since we moved here September last year.
You can imagine all you like :wink: They want utility and council tax bills too. A letter from the school is not an acceptable form of proof of address. Simples. We've all got those so it shouldn't cause a problem.
gracec

Post by gracec »

Well the reason I said that was because a friend of mine who lives out of catchment is thinking of putting her girl in with their relative's address in bowdon.

I know this is gonna get people angry here, but I can't see why this is not feasible, a medical card is not difficult to get, hence a doctors letter. Utility bill can be supplied by the relative. Not everyone has a child benefit letter.
Last edited by gracec on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

I recall being surprised somewhat by just how rigorous the residency checks are (only because I knew I was "above board" I guess).
Understandable though.

I have wondered at the available of a clutch of places so late in the day and if that was related to residency check fails or something
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

gracec wrote:Well the reason I said that was because a friend of mine who lives out of catchment is thinking of putting her girl in with their grandmother's address in bowdon. Her child attends a religious school 8 miles away.

I know this is gonna get people angry here, but I can't see why this is not feasible, a medical card is not difficult to get, hence a doctors letter. Utility bill can be supplied by the grandparents. Not everyone has a child benefit letter.
Yes, and I'm one of those people! The medical card is easy to get and will have the child's name and address on it, not the grandparents address. I hope they get found out. They want the parents names too. Unless the father shares the same first name or initials as Grandpa, they will run into trouble (they will check utility bills addressee's names).

Don't be fooled, the more people like your friend try and fraudulently get into the school, the harder the checks will get every year. These people will eventually be found out. Can you just imagine the humiliation?! If parents keep lying and cheating, they'll be doing surprise home visits next! (Hopefully).

They should fine the parents for fraud and put the money into the school fund.
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

Moosewood1 wrote:I hope someone from the AGGS admissions office reads this thread.
The school are well aware of this forum and probably will read this thread. The more rigour they can apply to admissions the better as far as I am concerned.

For those thinking of cheating the system :evil: thankfully it is getting harder and harder and would you really want the embarrassment of them asking your child to leave if you get found out!! The case described by Moosewood1 is not uncommon but I cannot see how they could get around the new checks about doctors records as they need to provide their home address to the surgery in case a home visit is required in an emergency. Even if it is possible (and I think a surgery would question someone registering so far from them), would they want to put their childs health at risk by registering them at a surgery potentially miles away from their house?