Car pool/Private coach service from Slough to Tiffins Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dvnp

Car pool/Private coach service from Slough to Tiffins Boys

Post by Dvnp »

Can any body let me know if any kids travelling from Slough/Langley sourrounds to Tiffins boys school by car pool/ Private coach service
tiffinboys

Re: Car pool/Private coach service from Slough to Tiffins Bo

Post by tiffinboys »

Few years ago, some children got in from Slough area. Don't know if they still commute or have relocated. There is a bus from Slough to Heathrow and then another bus direct to Kingston. Long journey though.
Dvnp

Post by Dvnp »

Thanks Tiffinboys. yes, taking public transportation is tiredsome.
so it would ideal for the kids if they go in car pool/coach service.

can anybody let me know if they know any kids travelling to Tiffins from Langley/slough area
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Dvnp do think long and hard about saddling your son and yourselves with this long journey. There is a boy from Slough in my son's year at Tiffin and he has found it very difficult. The family is now finally moving to Kingston I think - but not everyone can relocate. I thought there were good grammar schools in the Slough area?
Sonu2013

Post by Sonu2013 »

Interested in car pooling or coach service to Tiffins from Langley. We will be interested to know. Pls let us know
Anne_810

Post by Anne_810 »

Hi All,

My son passed the Bucks test, Slough consortium and Tiffin Test.

Planning to relocate to Kinston, by the way do you think Tiffin is better than Slough schools?

Thank you
Anne
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Isn't the question more, "Which school is the best fit for my child"? How did you and your son feel about the various schools when you visited them?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
2tinkers

Post by 2tinkers »

Total madness.
Ask yourselves whether you would have been able to so such journeys when you were that age. Think about bad weather, traffic jams, time wasted travelling when your child could be having a much more fulfilling life being an all rounder not someone who has there head stuck in books 24/7.
I really think the people on these forums have lost all sense of reality and the impact this has in the future.
Your child should enjoy secondary education not find it a burden because that's what mummy and daddy want.
Think and choose very carefully!!!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

A lot of children seem to be taking a whole array of tests this year and then the journey is considered after the results. I fully understand that people want a good education for their children but it does all seem a bit extreme to me.
scary mum
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

2tinkers and scary mum I totally agree. People are forgetting about their children's health and wellbeing, and their life outside school. One of the new year 7 girls my DD knows has already had a week off school from illness and sheer exhaustion apparently caused by her long tiring journey. These poor children have to spend seven years doing this. And to even consider driving your child to school is just too awful for secondary school. How is your child ever going to learn any independence and self-reliance? And how can a working parent possibly afford the time to drive? Please please look at your school decisions objectively and think of the impact on the family! The Tiffin schools are just schools, albeit good ones. There are plenty of other schools across the country where motivated children can thrive and succeed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now