Bracknell to Tiffins- Car pool

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DadFromEngland

Bracknell to Tiffins- Car pool

Post by DadFromEngland »

Anybody is planning to go/already going to tiffins from bracknell in car pool? Just wondering ...
sonasona

Re: Bracknell to Tiffins- Car pool

Post by sonasona »

DadFromEngland wrote:Anybody is planning to go/already going to tiffins from bracknell in car pool? Just wondering ...
Really? A 50 mile round trip on a daily basis?
Garnett

Post by Garnett »

DadFromEngland wrote:Anybody is planning to go/already going to tiffins from bracknell in car pool? Just wondering ...
I see you're hot footing it off to your super selective !
DadFromEngland

Post by DadFromEngland »

We are going to relocate anyway to reduce trip for kid. Just trying to find out what other people are doing.

Still waiting for reading boys results though.
Garnett

Post by Garnett »

Good luck with Reading - results out tomorrow?
DadFromEngland

Post by DadFromEngland »

Thank you. Not having high hopes on reading test as my DS didn't understood the instructions properly on the exam day. He thought that he will be told to start VR section and was waiting, eventually lost time and couldn't finish that section. He got good score in QE, tiffins and slough so not much worried..only problem is relocation.

Main problem with readingschool is that they don't publish the pattern of the questions. As adult we are expecting to know the pattern for even dvla exams. But expecting kids to understand instructions in that pressure is unfair.
Garnett

Post by Garnett »

That's a shame for your DS.
I think the senior school admission process is a steep learning curve for us all.
Reading57Mum

Post by Reading57Mum »

Hi Dad from England, that's interesting - my DS had the same problem on the VR test in RB school exam, waiting to be told "Begin", lost time and haven't completed all questions. .I have contacted school and have been told that it was only him who didn't undestand and according to email they have sent me here are the wording "All invigilators have a script to read from and I can confirm that the following wording was used in respect of the Reasoning Test ‘When I say 'Begin' you are to turn to page 3 and start at once. Mark your answers on the answer sheet by shading the circle clearly for the correct letter, as you did on the Practice Test. When you finish a page, go on to the next one without waiting to be told. Where there are examples given to help you, make sure that you read them carefully. Work as quickly and as carefully as you can. Now turn to page 3....Begin.’ Clearly not what my Son told me - they have been told look at your questions. I wonder if invigilators didn't follow the requirement?
DadFromEngland

Post by DadFromEngland »

Yes.. Even I complained to School about this but they refused to give another test to my DS. It seems there were two separate booklets for VR and NVR and my DS got confused.
Reading57Mum

Post by Reading57Mum »

Have you just posted results as your DS have received 348 in Reading Boys! Well done to your son! PS especially taking into account he didn't complete all the questions in VR
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now